2023 the summer of Beacon

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Specifically Model 14 beacons with a Rando Skybolt apparently.

Summer has been pretty quiet for me, but I seem to have spent it finding Model 14 beacons. As I have noticed in the past these things tend to go in trends.. at 1 point there were Model 11s, then Twinsonics, and as of late these Model 14s..

beacons.jpg

Now here is the kicker..
several of those amber Model 14s, did not have the typical clasp style lock for the retaining band.. instead it was more like the screw type connector found on Dietz or similar. At first I thought it was a hack or home brew, but its done very clean, would not surprise me if it was factory.

Plus..
Anyone ever see a tag with a designation stamped behind the series number?
I have one that reads "8Z" behind the A3 series designation.

Model14A3tag.jpg

Z obviously is custom, but beside the non clasp everything else is the same as a standard A3 series beacon.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
The 14 remains a favorite of mine for its simplicity and effectiveness. I can't say I have come across one with a Z designation before but agree with standds that it may signal the special retention band. Perhaps an agency was worried about someone quickly removing the dome and bulbs with a traditional band?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.