Wanted 3 "U" Shape Aluminum Brackets for Visibar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoot163

Nov 15, 2013
Tacoma, WA
Hello all! I am working on creating a replica of an old Tacoma lightbar from the 70's. I will be mounting a Beacon Ray 17 to the middle of a visibar, with two TS-24 speakers mounted on each side.

I have the mounting plate for the 17, but need 3 aluminum "u" brackets to fasten the light and the speakers to the bar. Any help with this project would be much appreciated. The pictures below show the configuration. Thanks!

V Bar 1.jpeg V Bar 2.jpeg V Bar 3.jpeg

Jul 14, 2014
North Central US
Some hardware stores will carry something similar to what you seek as well as Fastenal but you need your bar's dimensions and the depth of the reach of the u-bolts as well. You may be better-off fabbing them yourself w/ a piece of threaded rod and a vice...

Scoot163

Nov 15, 2013
Tacoma, WA
Some hardware stores will carry something similar to what you seek as well as Fastenal but you need your bar's dimensions and the depth of the reach of the u-bolts as well. You may be better-off fabbing them yourself w/ a piece of threaded rod and a vice...

I guess I should have been more specific. Yes, a u-bolt would work, but looking for an aluminum bracket like the one used to secure a CP25 or 100 to the Visibar. I don't know if they were made by Federal or just fabricated in fleet shops.

Jul 14, 2014
North Central US
Those were made of stainless and were offered by Federal but it'd be cheaper to have one made than to find those hen's teeth. They are available, just pricey, for what they are...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jriccio@necommunications.

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.