600 RotaBeams... Anyone toy around with a pair of these yet?..

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
Has anyone gotten their hands on a pair of these and toyed around with syncing these .?.?.

Thanks

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I think OP means the simulated rotating LEDs.

Reactions: StEaLtH2

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
Sorry gents,.. I am referring to the latest generation 600 series in this topic... Curious as to the different looks that can be achieved.. For instance, having a pair synched where a sweeping effect is created in the front of apparatus... Haven't seen all that much on these, so I started the thread..

Sirennet

Apr 23, 2013
Oregon
We have them on our Demo Ford:

They are as easy to sync as any other Whelen lights, they just have different flash patterns.

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
No disrespect intended, but your video is exactly what I would expect from an apparatus manufacturer, whereas none of the rota beams are synched to each other.. The money was spent to upgrade to them, but they are not showcased for curb appeal.. Someone that doesn't really know could look at those and say why the hell did we spend extra on them when that's all they do.?.. Those rear corners could be polished off by am awesome criss cross pattern.. Or at least counter rotate one side.!!!! Geez!!!

Sorry if this comes off as a rant as it's truly not...lol. Just wish it was "fancier"..

I'd like to justify the want/need for a pair or two on the rig that is awaiting resolution adoption..

Thanks for playing!!!

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
No disrespect intended, but your video is exactly what I would expect from an apparatus manufacturer, whereas none of the rota beams are synched to each other.. The money was spent to upgrade to them, but they are not showcased for curb appeal.. Someone that doesn't really know could look at those and say why the hell did we spend extra on them when that's all they do.?.. Those rear corners could be polished off by am awesome criss cross pattern.. Or at least counter rotate one side.!!!! Geez!!!

Sorry if this comes off as a rant as it's truly not...lol. Just wish it was "fancier"..

I'd like to justify the want/need for a pair or two on the rig that is awaiting resolution adoption..

Thanks for playing!!!
I beg to differ. The lights appear to be synced on each side giving you a back and forth single rapid rotator flash. What do you want them to do?? They will not "strobe". They aren't intended to. I will admit, they could be synced in front side-to-side so they alternate to the front...The truck is sick though. Nice job.

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
I am aware that they do not strobe..

I'm referring to along the lines of;... Let's take the right rear corner of this unarguably awesome vehicle... If the side module swept back and forth, and the rear one swept as well, oscillate if ya will,.. Synched to create an X pattern... To me the video seems they are on a default pattern... All appear clockwise... I watched on my phone, tomo I will view on a computer. It's possible I've had too much cool aid, but they appear blah imo..

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
I am aware that they do not strobe..

I'm referring to along the lines of;... Let's take the right rear corner of this unarguably awesome vehicle... If the side module swept back and forth, and the rear one swept as well, oscillate if ya will,.. Synched to create an X pattern... To me the video seems they are on a default pattern... All appear clockwise... I watched on my phone, tomo I will view on a computer. It's possible I've had too much cool aid, but they appear blah imo..
For anyone looking for anything other than simulated rotators with no moving parts they are definitely blah. The fact that they "rotate" and "oscillate" makes it difficult to see the sync...

Reactions: Ben G

Sirennet

Apr 23, 2013
Oregon

Thanks for playing!!!

So you know, they are all synchronized with each other, and they are in a pattern that the owner wanted. I didn't post that for you because I thought it was the best pattern possible, I posted it to show you that "yes, we have played with them and they are easy to sync".

You can go a head and make then flash as fancy as you want when you buy your own; we will however, not.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
They all appeared to rotate to me, I like everything about that roof rack.

Reactions: emtanderson51

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
back again, i do not disagree that all modules are on a clockwise sim rotate pattern.. my intention of this thread was to hopefully hear or see some input as to how they synch up with each other. For a demo vehicle, maybe have one of the pair of lights counter clockwise rotate?, will they synch up to start and end flash sweep together?.. maybe the rear pair oscillating against each other..

i meant no harm in my statement as on this demo, they appear to be on a standard out of the box pattern... which Pierce and others will do the same thing, every light on the pattern it came with and unsynched to boot, not effective warning when all the pieces are there already....to have six of them on a demo, and have them "not fancy"(ha), in any aspect, is not doing the lights justice... a demo is to showcase the best of a products abilities is it not?.... Im interested in trying to spec a pair to the front of an apparatus, but would like them to Xsweep to the front, or maybe on the front bumper corners sweeping.... to find a vid of such would help my case tremendously to add cost over standard 600's.. or even info on the dual center nose 4500 flush i caught a vid of once.. anyhow, thanks for the posts.... 

found the vid of the nose mounted 4500? even this pair does not appear synched like they are "gear driven opposed"... 

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/K-fGBhlZWxE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by a moderator:

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
They are not synced in the bars. The oned on the demo are synced but you can't tell. You have to watch each side closely. That is pattern 8 or 9 too and not the standard out of the box pattern. It is also the most effective pattern on them as well. 

Sirennet

Apr 23, 2013
Oregon
This might be of interest to you as well...

Or you won't like the patterns... I'm not sure  :crazy:

Reactions: StEaLtH2

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RetLt2020

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.