'84 F-350 Rescue, retired/parade

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Torpedo said:
Grill Meteors are in. Wiring is now complete also. Meh, these kinda blow.

:duh:

Ok now that front grille is getting a tad silly...

I was going to suggest replacing the middle grille light with a oscillator.. but you got something else.

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
they say money burns a hole in some peoples pocket....you surely have to be arrested for being nude in public, as i can only gather your entire wardrobe has gone alight numerous times.......are you related to tritonboulder47 by any chance?

Torpedo

May 9, 2012
USA Fl
unlisted said:
Ok now that front grille is getting a tad silly...

I was going to suggest replacing the middle grille light with a oscillator.. but you got something else.

I wholeheartedly agree but it's a silly truck for parades and grand entrances only so it fits those needs. I would have put one ipo the center double strobe however 7" of cutout and only 5+" of tcl width as well as being even lower than they are now which is too low. That said there are some other issues with the original 3X7's that are going to require a new grill anyways so here goes 60 more bucks for a nos chrome grill. I think I may be offing these Meteors. Just too much for too little return. Especially since the SELLER "forgot" to include the two 795X halogen bulbs (so far, and has stopped communicating with me.) These 1156 globes just have to go. I am disheartened with the seller's integrity. Some people. Thank you both for your input. I'm working on it.

hyperjohnny

Nov 1, 2010
WI USA
("I purchased enough 3-M tape to chevron the front and rear however decided against that as I don't wish to be "that guy".)

Dude, seriously, do you honestly think that you're NOT ALREADY "that guy"???

Un-friggin-believeable...

Torpedo

May 9, 2012
USA Fl
hyperjohnny said:
("I purchased enough 3-M tape to chevron the front and rear however decided against that as I don't wish to be "that guy".)

Dude, seriously, do you honestly think that you're NOT ALREADY "that guy"???

Un-friggin-believeable...

Thanks Johnny. Yeah, true I guess but I'm not trying to represent current apparatus with the ridiculascow. Just have some fun.

I feel this would have pushed the envelope of trying to look like something it's not beyond any reasoning. This is of respect for the motoring public which includes you.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Torpedo said:
Thanks Johnny. Yeah, true I guess but I'm not trying to represent current apparatus with the ridiculascow. Just have some fun.
I feel this would have pushed the envelope of trying to look like something it's not beyond any reasoning. This is of respect for the motoring public which includes you.

seriously, do it. it'll look far better than that ridiculous DOT tape. At the very least, do the back.

DO IT. :thumbsup:

Torpedo

May 9, 2012
USA Fl
unlisted said:

The new tape is horrible? Asking because good taste is not one of my many virtues. The Red/Wht diamond pattern DOT tape was terrible and delaminating and since it took paint with it when I removed it (wrong)....something had to be done even if it was wrongerer. Story of my life. :|

Besides, I'd never get it straight enough and it would all end in tears. But I will consider it. Maybe. Perhaps. Some.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
cover up all the dot tape on the front/sides with silver/white reflective and do the back as previously discussed.

OR... BATTENBURG!! be THAT guy.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiemartin6

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.