911EP Galaxy Question

bkulibert

Jun 26, 2016
Mayville, WI
I have a 911EP Galaxy lightbar model #C1L/W-08. I am trying to figure out where these two wires plug into (see attached pic). I know that they are ground & power but where do they plug in as they are not connected. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_5897.jpg
    IMG_5897.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 16

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
In my experience with the dozens of them I have worked through, it is common for their to be extra plugs in them. Without photos of where the wires trace back to, I won't be able to give you a better answer.

bkulibert

Jun 26, 2016
Mayville, WI
In my experience with the dozens of them I have worked through, it is common for their to be extra plugs in them. Without photos of where the wires trace back to, I won't be able to give you a better answer.
each those wires are coming out of the thick black & red wires that are coming out of the bar. there is two small red wires coming out of thick red wire and two small black wires coming out of thick black wire.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
each those wires are coming out of the thick black & red wires that are coming out of the bar. there is two small red wires coming out of thick red wire and two small black wires coming out of thick black wire.
Are they coming out of those on the interior of the bar under the metal lid or on the exterior? I don't think those are wires for the alley light. Are there any functions not currently working on the bar?

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Are they coming out of those on the interior of the bar under the metal lid or on the exterior? I don't think those are wires for the alley light. Are there any functions not currently working on the bar?
I agree, those aren't "heat shielded" so they shouldn't be for the halogen options. I have only messed with these a bit, @Jennifer Rose Towing and @tsquale are better sources, but I can see in your bar the other halogen option has the type of wire jacket I'd expect. These don't look like that.

shield.PNG

I also agree this is going to be a process of elimination of what works and what doesn't (provided the bar works). If everything works then you have an unused 12vdc input it would seem. Unless I'm missing something your other bases should be covered. @tsquale ? @Jennifer Rose Towing ?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RETFFMedic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.