A couple Whelen related questions

First off, for Visor bar applications, does Whelen use some sort of ABS plastic or sheet metal for housing/shrouds? Trying to see how easy it would be to make a Inner Edge style Visor bar out of LIN6’s for a Crown Victoria, but I might go some other route.

Second, this time regarding Whelens AVN2LR** Deck/Dash Light. Does it have a special lens that covers both the light head and the takedown or is it’s just a takedown crammed in the wider housing? Also, it is still the same TIR6/LIN6 lighthead in this model Avenger, or am I thinking of the talon?

Attachments

• 937C08E9-B10C-4413-BAA8-A0CCFA908BF0.jpeg
    937C08E9-B10C-4413-BAA8-A0CCFA908BF0.jpeg
    258.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 6EA1AD7B-6199-4C2F-9A78-911F40D1568E.png
    6EA1AD7B-6199-4C2F-9A78-911F40D1568E.png
    421.4 KB · Views: 5

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
As for the inner edges, it’s a combination of both. The “shroud/housing” is a plastic/resin and there is metal holding the lightheads As for the newer Avenger, I have not seen one in the wild.

As for the inner edges, it’s a combination of both. The “shroud/housing” is a plastic/resin and there is metal holding the lightheads As for the newer Avenger, I have not seen one in the wild.
Ah good to know, thanks. And despite the part number (unless I got it wrong) references the older style Avenger 1, but either way there should probably a way to mount em correctly to make a inner edge style light bar.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjbailey

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.