AeroDynic 24R-RC

trialman

Jun 3, 2011
Berlin Germany
Hey guys,

I recently purchased an AeroDynic with red domes and siren which looked like a normal 24R to me. It's supposed to come off a Fire Chief truck and has a FS TS100 siren.

Now that I pulled the domes to check and refurbish the bar, I found the tag "24R-RC" in it.
A quick research did not bring any results - can anyone tell me what "RC" means on this bar? Can't tell a difference from the normal 24R.

24-1.jpg
24-2.jpg
24-3.jpg

Thanks!
Darius

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
The RC would be a custom number I believe, but the internals look standard. Perhaps it refers to a custom dome pattern.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Interesting find..
I'm gonna hold off until I hear from the "experts" before I chime in.. ;)

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
Only a thought. Can it be that the customer had order it with reversed rotation so it flash like an AeroDynic?
Have you checked if the motor polarity is reversed?
This might be possible if the customer did not want to reverse polarity of the whole bar.

Michael

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Is it possible to get a shot of the motor and gearbox?

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Nothing odd about the gearbox either.
Could the RC be an acronym for a department or agency?

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
Hey guys,

I recently purchased an AeroDynic with red domes and siren which looked like a normal 24R to me. It's supposed to come off a Fire Chief truck and has a FS TS100 siren.

The TS100 is just a speaker, not a siren.

The sirens that would have been used with that bar include the PA15A series 1E, PA20A series 2E, PA150, PA200, PA1000, and PA300.

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
Might not be related to the RC thing, but the motor connecting point is on the side of the cage. I have always seen them on the tops. ..

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.