Aerodynic lense

Tsc183

Jul 10, 2011
Missouri
Can someone please help and show me an easy way to separate Aerodynic lenses?

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
In general, if they do not come apart fairly easily you won't get them apart. Some have more glue then others and seems to be more concentrated on the ends.

You can easily crack them trying to pry apart. Finding tiny sturdy things to fit in the grooves on tge end and prying from there is a decent option. Easy to damage or break them though too.

Reactions: Tsc183

TDC

Lifetime VIP Donor
Dec 4, 2012
Carswell AFB, TX
I visited the factory and watched the lady assemble them.

The entire length of the gap is a silicone. Once each side is together, the ends are super-glued with a syringe/metal needle, and then both sides are folded into the top metal piece (it is assembled upside down in a long v-shaped jig, the metal top placed in the bottom first). Then the end is put on to hold it together; same glue types.
The super glue seemed to be just enough to hold it together while the silicone set.

If you can get the ends loose, the rest should peel away.

Reactions: Tsc183

SWI712

Jan 14, 2020
Omaha, NE
All of the above is true. I have separated a few of them with out breaking or cracking them with extremely hot tap water. Depending on the size of the dome you may have to use the bathtub. Lol! I was able to fit mine in the kitchen sink. I let it soak while keeping the water (hot), then drain and run hot water over it. Gently.... flex the seems until it starts to separate. I also will use a new razor blade to help cut the glue/sealant.The key is keeping it hot. I've heard use boiling water but I would not do that. Patience and hot water and they will separate. Good luck.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.