aerodynic mini lightbar model??????

denko3

Jul 31, 2010
SLOVENIA,EUROPE
Guys look what i found on craigslist a couple of month ago..... :)))
does someone have any idea what model is this????
i just now it was an action from california.
the mini bar is missing a black center bulkhead too.it is an old mini model with old metal par holders and old endcaps with no alley inserts. :))

Attachments

• 01717_dCFoxTspDCg_600x450.jpg
    01717_dCFoxTspDCg_600x450.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 51

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Heavily modified AeroDynic it looks like. It WAS a 24EAH, but then the motor side of the bar was hacked into a 22 inch section. Then, the last user threw together some lense panels with lots of patience and effort in an all-light fashion, and added the par holders and such inside. The endcaps are the first gen alley type with a clear cut-out in the red lense. One of the more interesting things I've seen done with an AeroDynic :confused:.

Reactions: denko3
Jun 18, 2013
PA
Interesting mod job as CrownVic stated..
there was a guy on the bay selling a chopped 24eah and trying to pass it off as a mini bar.

I'd salvage the parts at least..

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
It is not a chop, we used them on our engines back in the early 80's. I don't know a model number for it or anything but here is a pic. It was used as a side light for the long Aerodynics.

80-383.jpg

Reactions: Stampeed Valkyrie

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Model 22 AeroDynics never had the option for par 36 holders for endlamps or alley lights when they first came out. They were 4 rotators only with that center black bulkhead for the inboard side of the lenses to seat and seal against. This bar has all their sections glued together and modified so that the inboard sides sit flush with each other. Notice there's no top metal lense retainer clip that goes across the top joint. Definitely not factory. I don't know if par holders became an option when Fed Sig made the 22I version. Somebody with more Fed Sig knowledge can expunge upon this.

Reactions: denko3
Jun 18, 2013
PA
Skulldigger I like that picture.. the bar setup is awesome.

So both CrownVic and Skull are both correct..
There is a Mini Aero Model 22H, or 22I externally they look the same.. 2 dome halves 2 panels each with a bulkhead divider in the middle. Which is seen in the Pic that Skulldigger posted.

Denko's CL ad is most definately a chop.. No Middle gasket.. no chrome strip.. and somehow modified to get a 4 panel dome with endcaps on both ends.. presumably.

As for Options on the Model 22 aero's CrownVic I am not 100% either but the 22I bars to have the holes already pre drilled to mount Par 36 lights in the inboard segments... I do not believe the holes were drilled for the outer segments.
Pre drilled holes means it was frequent enough to merit putting them on all the mini Aero's.

Shameless self plugs below.. but 2 examples of 22I bars with the par options installed... no drilling was required.

denko3

Jul 31, 2010
SLOVENIA,EUROPE
If there was not ment to be chrome strips and bulkhead then the mini aero was at first rain very poor and all went to @&$&@*$&@^...... so no water proof at all.....looolololo
It is like that Stampeed. :)))

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
You mean a bar that looks like...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 27

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Cheeky bastard :D!

Jun 18, 2013
PA
You mean a bar that looks like...

Ryan, how do you get to the internals of that bar?
Better yet the rotators look weird and where is the drive motor?

This maybe more of a frankenbar then I thought.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.