Alabama Wacker gets caught

zacmtz7

May 21, 2010
Atlanta, GA
GA has added this to our fleeing and attempting to elude statue to combat impersonators. I've charged one guy with it already, the courts didn't even know this was a charge.

"© It shall be unlawful for a person:

(1) To impersonate a sheriff, deputy sheriff, state trooper, agent of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, agent of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, police officer, or any other authorized law enforcement officer by using a motor vehicle or motorcycle designed, equipped, or marked so as to resemble a motor vehicle or motorcycle belonging to any federal, state, or local law enforcement agency; or

(2) Otherwise to impersonate any such law enforcement officer in order to direct, stop, or otherwise control traffic.

40-6-395

Sorry to resurrect this thread but I found it whilst searching. I want to clarify 1 thing and add another.

Clarification:

I am English. I was born in England. I am also British. British covers England, Scotland and Wales as a nationality but English denotes you were born in England. Just as being born in Scotland makes you Scottish.

Now to the added bit, I live in Alabama and have had my local police pull up next to me to ask if I had seen a jeep Cherokee flashing blue lights. I hadn't seen it but asked, being English, what the law was, the reply was it is illegal to have blue flashing lights in your vehicle if you are not law enforcement in Alabama.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big JW

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.