Another introduction from good ol' Germany

NakedFox

Oct 28, 2023
Stuttgart, Germany
Hey y'all, I'd like to briefly introduce myself. I am a 32 year old guy living in the southern area of Germany near Stuttgart. This site was recommended to me as I am going to be in the hunt for some rare items. Why? Well, let me tell you the story:

Once upon a time there was a guy sitting in his bosses office, talking about cars. When asked "What car are you looking for?" his answer was without hesitation "If money was no issue, I'd love to own a SSP Mustang.". This guy was me. Unfortunately the SSP offered at that time didn't work out for me, so I went on the internet, joined a group for SSP Mustangs and introduced myself to them. Once they heard I am from Germany it didn't take long before I got the first hints about a hidden SSP "somewhere in some Ford shop southwest of Stuttgart". I found it. It turned out to be a 1991 Georgia State Patrol. I fell in love with the car. I was born in 1991 and one of my great aunts emigrated to Georgia in the 1960s... So yeah, I felt like this was meant to be my car. Took me quite some effort to convince the owner to part with the car, though. This now is two years ago. I had a shop get the car runing again and another one having the paintjob done.

Next step will be reassembling the car and therefore I am in the hunt for some 1991 Georgia State Patrol warning and non-warning equipment.

If anyone is wondering about my username, it is not just because of the Fox Body Mustang, I also grow a long beard in different shades of red, so somebody said to me "Look at that beard, somewhere there must be a naked fox looking for its fur now".

Here are some pictures showing the different stages the car went through since I owned it.

Attachments

• IMG_4903.jpg
    IMG_4903.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG-20230415-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20230415-WA0009.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1469.jpeg
    IMG_1469.jpeg
    167.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 84e4aa0b-5fbc-42cb-b1c8-377f423686df.jpeg
    84e4aa0b-5fbc-42cb-b1c8-377f423686df.jpeg
    203.4 KB · Views: 7
  • PHOTO-2023-11-05-19-29-49.jpg
    PHOTO-2023-11-05-19-29-49.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 9

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
Warm welcome to the community.
I too look forward to your updates, and while I cannot specify exactly what was used, I can tell you there would be NO red warning, all the lights would be blue.
Some dashmasters would look good.
A pair ot dash lasers with mirrors would look even sweeter if you ask me!
A Whelen edge was commonly found up top.

Reactions: Pete L.

NakedFox

Oct 28, 2023
Stuttgart, Germany
Accorcding to some imprints in the carpeting the car used to have the PM408 Deck Lights.

It had a 48 inch Whelen Edge 9000 with blue and white lenses, but so far I could not find out on the exact setup, whether no strobes, two, four or eight strobes. The lightbar was controlled with the Whelen PC224.

My car also has they headlight strobes and according to documentations this means it was also equipped with the Whelen UPS-60.

What I also know on my specific vehcile is its perm/trunk #1207, roof/badge #176, driven by Trooper Gary Sharpton, Troop C, Post 47 - Forest Park, Counties: Clayton, DeKalb, Fulton (all outside I-285). The car was sold back in 1995.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.