Anyone have a spotlight on their POV?

Ultimate D

Feb 25, 2011
Central Arkansas
I am seriously contemplating getting one, and was curious if anyone else has one?

D

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
gallagher073 said:
I prefer handheld spot lights, draws less attention.

I prefer anything that is not handheld, primarily because I hate long, coiled, exposed cords.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
I wanted to install a unity but decided to not cut into my door frame. I have (2) 210watt fixed off road lights on the roof mounted forward, and a GoLight in the middle that spins all around and up and down. :yes:

Light is good. Very good. :thumbsup:

Ultimate D

Feb 25, 2011
Central Arkansas
I appreciate the comments y'all. It will definitely have a purpose, it will not be for looks.. It will be used for locating addresses, etc, and I like that fact that it is right there when you need it. I am not fond of cords everywhere either, and would HATE having to dig it out when I needed it. It is going on a 2004 Suburban in case anyone was wondering. :)

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Ultimate D said:
I appreciate the comments y'all. It will definitely have a purpose, it will not be for looks.. It will be used for locating addresses, etc, and I like that fact that it is right there when you need it. I am not fond of cords everywhere either, and would HATE having to dig it out when I needed it. It is going on a 2004 Suburban in case anyone was wondering. :)

Mine is an 01 Chevy 2500HD so we would have the same setup. I don't mind some holes, but cutting the door scares me!

The GoLight I have I bought when a member on here had a bunch of army surplus. I also considered one of the Federal (Visibeam?) Remote control spot lights, but the GoLight fits with my other lights better.

If you do get a spotlight, I want pictures!

Ultimate D

Feb 25, 2011
Central Arkansas
7d9_z28 said:
If you do get a spotlight, I want pictures!

Definitely!

Well, I guess I am going to get one. I will update soon when I get it. I appreciate everyone's input on this subject!

Jeremy0966

Aug 12, 2012
Idaho
Ultimate D said:
Definitely!

Well, I guess I am going to get one. I will update soon when I get it. I appreciate everyone's input on this subject!

Do it lol, there extremely useful :thumbsup:l. I have a Unity 100watt halogen on my truck and i love it.

ai110.photobucket.com_albums_n114_jeremy0966_20120904_134531.jpg

Jeremy0966

Aug 12, 2012
Idaho
I was bored so i just went out and took a couple quick pics for ya to give you an idea of the light output. Unfortunately it started snowing so the clarity isn't as good as it could be but it gives you a idea. The tree line is roughly 100-150 yards away.

35w 8k HID headlights by themselves.

ai110.photobucket.com_albums_n114_jeremy0966_IMG_1403.jpg

Spotlight by itself

ai110.photobucket.com_albums_n114_jeremy0966_IMG_1404.jpg

Both headlights and spotlight

ai110.photobucket.com_albums_n114_jeremy0966_IMG_1406.jpg

ai110.photobucket.com_albums_n114_jeremy0966_IMG_1405.jpg

ai110.photobucket.com_albums_n114_jeremy0966_IMG_1408.jpg

Ultimate D

Feb 25, 2011
Central Arkansas
Jeremy0966 said:
I was bored so i just went out and took a couple quick pics for ya to give you an idea of the light output. Unfortunately it started snowing so the clarity isn't as good as it could be but it gives you a idea. The tree line is roughly 100-150 yards away.

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to do that! Looks great! I guess what I like about it, is the convenience, it is right there when you need it.

P.S. I love the clearance lights in the grill. I have been thinking about doing something similar on my brush guard.

Jeremy0966

Aug 12, 2012
Idaho
Ultimate D said:
Wow! Thank you for taking the time to do that! Looks great! I guess what I like about it, is the convenience, it is right there when you need it.

No problem :thumbsup: The convenience is great, having the handle with the on/off switch right there is so much easier.

Ultimate D said:
P.S. I love the clearance lights in the grill. I have been thinking about doing something similar on my brush guard.

Thank you, i was going for the SVT Raptor look. Its probably one of the easiest mods I've done. I ran to Autozone and they had some 3/4" grommet mount LED's that just popped right into the grille perfectly. Then just grounded them and spliced into the running lights and done.

Ultimate D

Feb 25, 2011
Central Arkansas
Jeremy0966 said:
No problem :thumbsup: The convenience is great, having the handle with the on/off switch right there is so much easier.

Thank you, i was going for the SVT Raptor look. Its probably one of the easiest mods I've done. I ran to Autozone and they had some 3/4" grommet mount LED's that just popped right into the grille perfectly. Then just grounded them and spliced into the running lights and done.

Hahaha, that is where I seen them as well. Thought it looked good. Wonder if they would fit in the mesh on a Ranch Hand? :undecided:

Jeremy0966

Aug 12, 2012
Idaho
Ultimate D said:
Hahaha, that is where I seen them as well. Thought it looked good. Wonder if they would fit in the mesh on a Ranch Hand? :undecided:

:undecided: Actually i think they'd fit perfectly in a Ranch Hand. One way to find out :D

Jul 24, 2012
Lawrenceburg, KY
I'll contribute too, Even though mine's a Vic. They are awesome to have though! it's always sitting there ready to go. I'd highly recommend having one. 1573.jpg

OSP959(R)

Mar 22, 2011
Ohio
I have them on one of my Ford Rangers. The come in handing wheeling at night. I can spotlight tight switchbacks and other areas before I turn in to them, and shine some light on friends trucks if their doing a night time trail repair.

trs-1-spotlight.JPG

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
All this is making me want them on my Chevy 1500!

Jeremy0966

Aug 12, 2012
Idaho
Ultimate D said:
I have been leaning toward this, ya know... because symmetry. :D

Couldn't have said it better :haha: One just looks odd. I can't wait to get one on my passenger side :thumbsup:

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
The video was before the changes made in the pictures.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.