Atlanta Fire Responding (tiller, engine, and truck footage.)

HFD eng1ine

Jul 27, 2010
Essex County. MA
Some footage my buddy and I got in Atlanta Georgia at Nationals for swimming.

Make sure your volumes on! The first engine and tiller were responding to an unknown location. The second truck and engine footage was in response to a fire alarm activation at the Georgia Tech Pool. Also seen in the video is a Georgia Tech Police CVPI.

Enjoy and give his Chanel a sub.

strobecrazy

Apr 27, 2011
GA,ATL
TNFF412N said:
Love the Ladder truck. The graphics on the police car are kinda weird. looks like 3 different fonts....

ALOT of depts around GA are graphics challenged. They normally spend all the money on needless lights and end up with dime store graphics.

EMS10EMT

Aug 31, 2010
NJ
That looks like an older GA tech car. I was down there a few weeks ago and while eating at the Varsity, I saw a bunch of GA tech cars. All decked out and the graphics looked a hell of a lot better then that car. BTW, GA Tech PD seem to have a massive fleet with all kinds of cool stuff.

HFD eng1ine

Jul 27, 2010
Essex County. MA
The strobes were not picked up by the camera. And strobes have a brighter and more attention grabbing burst than leds. You litterally CANNOT argue that leds are brighter, and you definatly can't argue this from video footage. Leds last longer and dont need power supplies but if you put a Freedom bar with 4 corner modules next to an 4 strobe Edge, the edge would win hands down.

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
HFD eng1ine said:
The strobes were not picked up by the camera. And strobes have a brighter and more attention grabbing burst than leds. You litterally CANNOT argue that leds are brighter, and you definatly can't argue this from video footage. Leds last longer and dont need power supplies but if you put a Freedom bar with 4 corner modules next to an 4 strobe Edge, the edge would win hands down.

Probably depends on the colors of the LED's and even more importantly, the strobes. The only way I would possibly agree with your assertion would be with clear strobes. Any other color is not nearly effective as its LED counterpart.

sman1348

Jun 13, 2011
US/Berrien, CO GA
EMS10EMT said:
That looks like an older GA tech car. I was down there a few weeks ago and while eating at the Varsity, I saw a bunch of GA tech cars. All decked out and the graphics looked a hell of a lot better then that car. BTW, GA Tech PD seem to have a massive fleet with all kinds of cool stuff.

Not trying to change the thread up, but I agree. Lots of cool stuff!

GA Tech PD (2).jpg

Georgia Tech PD.jpg

GA Tech PD K9.jpg

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Ren12 said:
To me this video is a pretty convincing illustration of LED warning light superiority over strobe technology.

Clearly you haven't been here long. Videos are currently (and will probably always be) incapable of replicating images exactly as our eyes see them. Strobes flash so briefly that they often flash during the time between frames that a camera isn't recording anything, so they don't show up in the video. It's the brevity of the flashes that allows LEDs to give strobes a run for their money with respect to apparent brightness since there isn't much time for the light to activate the receptor cell things in our eyes, but when you measure the amount of light output (candelas), strobes are literally hundreds of times brighter.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
EMS10EMT said:

They are the only school I know of in the state with an ALPR. Then again, I only knew of one dept in the southern part of the state with one, and almost every city in the metro area has at least one.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
i like how the platform has a lot more side/intersection warning on the bucket than most similar aerials...I think a lot of times the ppl spec-ing out towers/platforms forget how they block the front of the light bars and how much they stick out into the intersection while the D/O is scanning the lanes, so I personally consider anything on the bucket as primary warning up front

HFD eng1ine

Jul 27, 2010
Essex County. MA
pdk9 said:
i like how the platform has a lot more side/intersection warning on the bucket than most similar aerials...I think a lot of times the ppl spec-ing out towers/platforms forget how they block the front of the light bars and how much they stick out into the intersection while the D/O is scanning the lanes, so I personally consider anything on the bucket as primary warning up front

Exactly! I really dont understand what goes through peoples heads when they put two nice mini freedoms on the roof of a tower truck and then maybe two tir6's on the bucket...and then they put the bucket down covering up both lightbars...doesnt make sense!

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
HFD eng1ine said:
Ahhhhh......when I was there last they had a brand new all black charger like the one you have pictured...same bumper and all :)

This one was bought with a grant and is staffed with two officers, one APD (thus the red lettering), one GTPD (the gold/yellow). They are supposed to be proactive around the campus and zone 5, trying to cut down on stuff like pedestrian robberies and what not.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmood

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.