Aura A8 Led Dash/Deck Light ((pictures and videos added))

EMS10EMT

Aug 31, 2010
NJ
Just got a demo unit of the Aura A8 dash/deck lights that 911 is starting to sell on the board. Here is my review.

First impressions:

These lights are well made. Unlike the cheap china junk that we are used to seeing, I was very pleased the first time 911 handed me the light.

The light itself:

It is made of durable aluminum/metal material that feels like it can take a beating. There are no flimsy or plastic parts on the light unit itself. The cord is long at about 10 feet and feels sturdy to the touch, I would compare it to an whacker tech type cord. (its thick and pliable, but still thin enough to tuck between your dash and/or headliner. The cigar plug is the same one you would get with any newer LED dash light (momentary pattern/toggle on/off). The plug is also made of good quality plastic. It feels good in the hand and I don't feel like it could/would break easy. I would expect quality like this from some of the big names, a pleasant surprise for me.

The LED's/performance:

After playing around with the light for a little while I was VERY impressed. They seem to be installed in the housing well. The LED's themselves are as bright, if not brighter than many of the other lights that are out on the market of this type (whacker, Fenix, etc.) There are 15 patterns on this model, and to be honest, I loved them all. You get your basic wig-wag patterns found on every light, but there are some interesting ones that have more of a random feel if your into that. There is also a "true" cal steady red pattern (only the red module comes on steady. No flash of any kind from the other module)

Mounting:

I got a deck/dash model. Like stated earlier, it came with a 10 foot cord with on/off and pattern rocker. The box included a package with misc mounting screws and hardware. Also included were two (2) mounting brackets. They resemble slimlighter mounts. No suction cups were included, however they would easily fit only the mounts to make for easy windshield mounting.

Overall impression:

If I were in a money bind, which a lot of us are now a days, but I needed a trustworthy and powerful light, this would be my choice. Reasonably priced at $54.99 and available in most every color one could want. This light was designed as a primary warning light, and i'm sure in future models with included windshield mounting hardware and flashback shield it will be a great light for those on a budget. This deck model would be an excellent choice for those with a budget who are looking for great rear warning or side window warning.

Cons:

I cant really find anything bad about this light. I would like to see a smaller lighthead in future models for more discrete mounting. The addition of a removable flashback shield and windshield specific mounting options will be a nice addition once Aura starts to produce them. In my opinion, the cord could be longer. 10 feet is long, but my car has a long dashboard and I found it a stretch to get the wire run down to the cigar plug outlet if I tucked the wire away.

Disclaimer: These are my opinions and my opinions only. I have no connection with Aura LED's or 911 himself other than being friends. I wrote this in a most un biased manner to give you, the possible end user, a detailed review of another economically friendly warning light.

thanks and enjoy.

Josh

ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p294_jwolfson43_3872f645.jpg

ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p294_jwolfson43_e3c368c6.jpg

ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p294_jwolfson43_e95ab148.jpg

ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p294_jwolfson43_04660fba.jpg

ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p294_jwolfson43_e613a412.jpg

ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p294_jwolfson43_3ebb0fca.jpg

ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p294_jwolfson43_7917bc7f.jpg

ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p294_jwolfson43_4133dd0f.jpg

ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p294_jwolfson43_th_1f9c7bac.jpg

ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p294_jwolfson43_th_4c4dfa93.jpg

ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p294_jwolfson43_th_24fab70f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

EMS10EMT

Aug 31, 2010
NJ
ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p294_jwolfson43_e3c368c6.jpg

back of unit

ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p294_jwolfson43_3872f645.jpg

Front of unit

ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p294_jwolfson43_e613a412.jpg

Mounting bracket

ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p294_jwolfson43_3ebb0fca.jpg

Top of mounting bracket

ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p294_jwolfson43_4133dd0f.jpg

ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p294_jwolfson43_7917bc7f.jpg

ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p294_jwolfson43_e95ab148.jpg

cigar plug

ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p294_jwolfson43_04660fba.jpg

cigar plug again

ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p294_jwolfson43_th_4c4dfa93.jpg

Video, inside, bright light, about 20-30 feet

ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p294_jwolfson43_th_24fab70f.jpg

ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p294_jwolfson43_th_1f9c7bac.jpg

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Ya need some "facing direct sunlight" and "backing direct sunlight" videos now.. :undecided:

EMS10EMT

Aug 31, 2010
NJ
im working on the sun pictures, not much of that in my area lately.

also, 2 year warranty is what I was told.

May 22, 2010
New York City
i am the dealer who sells them, only thing is im waiting on my next order......... we changed some flash patterns and are waiting for the next model to be released.......

May 22, 2010
New York City
Hoser said:
How about some more info on the different ones and prices, please.

as soon as the next shipment comes in, but i figure them to be about $69.99 with the version you see in the video with the newer patterns

and $74.99 with a shroud and suction cups..

final pricing will be posted soon, as the order is almost complete........

May 22, 2010
New York City
i did find another supplier overseas, but the lights that arrived were sub-par and i returned them...........

i am very careful of the quality of the lights i import.......and i didnt feel comfortable with that dealer...... even though the lights looked the same ,the quality was not..........and i would not put my name on a item thats subpar by any means

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.