Beaverton Police Department FJ Cruiser

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
Two things annoy me about the video:

1) He talks so much during his videos, I only want to see the lights.

2) They did that undercover smoke/tint on the ghosts in the front. It's a fully marked vehicle, there's no need to cut down on the light output by adding tint to the lightheads if it's not even an undercover vehicle :duh:

fire1

Jun 5, 2011
Michigan
tom said:
Two things annoy me about the video:

1) He talks so much during his videos, I only want to see the lights.

2) They did that undercover smoke/tint on the ghosts in the front. It's a fully marked vehicle, there's no need to cut down on the light output by adding tint to the lightheads if it's not even an undercover vehicle :duh:

I just turn the volume off. I can agree with the tint on the ghosts. The vortex light or sos should be clear for intersection lights. I would never use colored split heads. I would have used a RECT14 Or a ION instead, in clear. The par 36 leds and the ones on the running boards, change the flash pattern they are so fast they look like a simultaneous flash. Does this have a HLF in it? Overall the install looks really good.

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
I agree Dave, the liberty rear was a waste. I also don't like the red and blue flashing together on the sides. I would have built the Ultralite to be Blue/red every other module. I always try to make the warning signals as wide as possible, but I'm really anal like that, LOL. I would have done something else in the front besides the PAR36 so the lights could be split. I like the ghosts in the hood, and tinting the lenses has a minimal impact unless you really load it on.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
cory y said:
Thats a Shitty repaint/wrap job.

I noticed that too. I bet thats why they made sure there was some turquoise in the graphics, so the door jams would match haha!

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
Respondcode3 said:
Does it really matter. Its a show car. The only time the lights are going to be used is to show off to school kids..

Does it snow there? :book:

Maybe it will be used for beach patrol! :dance:

Or for SAR missions in the wilderness! :missing:

G1159

May 23, 2010
Southern New England
Liberty should have gone on top of the roof rack, less obstruction to corners which are obscured by rack, and rear would be seen, in addition to the rear stick. Plus, would have looked good on top.

The FJ is a great reliable tough rig. I'd like to see more shops do up fits on them and agencies consider one in lieu of a light SUV.

Good find thanks for sharing the video.

mjohnston

May 24, 2010
Forest Grove, OR
Like stated, this is used for public education. So if kids can see the cool lights, the job is done. I posted on the other FJ Cruiser thread I posted about the TVF&R FJ Cruisers that are used in the same area.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.