Best place to buy digital P25 radios?

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
After reading through Harris's literature about the Unity I see now that it is Tri-band. And see that Motorola is coming out with a tri-band as well.

wkr518

May 22, 2010
42.791127, -73.679758
Respondcode3 said:
Where have you heard that Motorola is coming out with a tri band?

Motorolas idea of tri-band is VHF or UHF and 700/800 capable and not TRUE tri-band such as VHF/UHF/700/800

I spent 3 hours in a class in NJ 2 weeks ago and there was no mention by Motorola LMR rep for a true tri-band...

Respondcode3

May 23, 2010
Northen Il USA
wkr518 said:
Motorolas idea of tri-band is VHF or UHF and 700/800 capable and not TRUE tri-band such as VHF/UHF/700/800
I spent 3 hours in a class in NJ 2 weeks ago and there was no mention by Motorola LMR rep for a true tri-band...

Yea that is what I was getting at too.. With the eventual loss of the Tband and the ease of cross patching now days a true V/U/7-800 radio is not a priority on Motorolas list.

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA
Respondcode3 said:
Yea that is what I was getting at too.. With the eventual loss of the Tband and the ease of cross patching now days a true V/U/7-800 radio is not a priority on Motorolas list.

You say that like you think all dispatchers know what the fuck they're doing... :D

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.