BLink siren help

WLTEMS

May 23, 2010
USA, Wilton, NH
Hey there board members, I just recieved my Blink siren head and amp today in the mail. The siren head came with three plugs with wires coming out at about 4 to 5 inches of wire being shown, then the amp had no wiring plug. So my question is does anyone know how to wire up the control head to the amp? And if i need to wire them together, does anyone know where to buy the cables, or homebrew them? Thanks! WLTEMS

DFD382

May 25, 2010
SOUTH CAROLINA
You will need the plug for the amp which has 2 pos and 2 neg wires and also the com wires a blue and grey wire and the the siren wires and comm wire the other 3 plugs hook up to the head 1 plug will have the power/ground another plug will have comm wires again blue and grey hope this will help and I know I have seen the 12 head plug you need on the board here just have to look around

ryanm

May 20, 2010
Arkansas
So the Amp has NO plugs with it, correct?

And the control head has 3 plugs with short wire?

MPC01, 02, or 03?

The siren amp will need the standard Whelen siren plug to provide power, speaker outputs, etc... I have bought them here on the board as well as ebay, at times.

The other plug on the Amp is the 5-pin Phoenix connector

I used these in the past

http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=1754504virtualkey65100000virtualkey651-1754504

You'll need to extend the blue, gray, and shield wires from the control head to the siren amp. You can also (optionally) extend the 2 wires for the PA from the control head to the siren amp. That makes up the 5 pins on the phoenix connector.

BL627 Install guide

http://www.whelen.com/install/130/13041.pdf

More install guides here

http://www.whelen.com/install/manuals/serial.html

Let us know what model of control head and what further questions you have. PM me if needed.

WLTEMS

May 23, 2010
USA, Wilton, NH
Thanks for the help, i have the MPC01 Head, and i have everything else wired up now. The only problem i am having is how to wire up the slide switch for my light? Cant seem to understand the wiring guide, any suggestions. Thanks WLTEMS

ryanm

May 20, 2010
Arkansas
WLTEMS said:
Thanks for the help, i have the MPC01 Head, and i have everything else wired up now. The only problem i am having is how to wire up the slide switch for my light? Cant seem to understand the wiring guide, any suggestions. Thanks WLTEMS

Well... the MPC01 will do whatever it is programmed to do.

It could be set to turn on nothing in a any position... or everything in all positions... or trigger the siren...

The fun part of completely-programmable-systems. There's no telling what it might do.

ryanm

May 20, 2010
Arkansas
WLTEMS said:
So how do i reprogram it if I dont have the software........

You'll have to find someone who has the software AND the transporter box (PC/Serial gateway).

I sold mine to someone else on the board a while back.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tdi419

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.