Can I use a whelen WS295HFRS without the head?

May 22, 2010
Bauxite Arkansas
I've got an unknown working condition Whelen WS295HFRS siren amp. Can this siren be wired up to use with a remote switch, or do I have to use the correct remote head? I haven't been able to get a clear understanding from the wire diagram. It looks as though there are three positions in the plug that go to the head for P3-1, P3-3, and P3-4. If I hooked everything else up like the diagram says, then each one of those to either a momentary or in a rotary type switch would the siren tones work?

Any help is appreciated.

Craig

spc2315

Mar 27, 2011
Connecticut
i also have the sane question about this...i have a brand new whelen ws295hfrs with no amp...where can i locate them or what can i do with this unit? :duh:

twl911

May 21, 2010
Vermont, USA
I'm pretty sure the siren noises are generated by the head.

I have seen different HFS4 heads that are labeled either "Hi-Lo" or "Piercer" on the control head itself. Leading me to believe the amplifier does only just that, Amplify.

fire1

Jun 5, 2011
Michigan
twl911 said:
I'm pretty sure the siren noises are generated by the head.
I have seen different HFS4 heads that are labeled either "Hi-Lo" or "Piercer" on the control head itself. Leading me to believe the amplifier does only just that, Amplify.

On the HFS4 heads are nothing more than a switch. Everything else is in the REMOTE AMPLIFIER

May 22, 2010
Bauxite Arkansas
Gonna bring this one back from the dead. Recently came across this siren amp again and have a use for it again. Can anyone confirm or deny if this could be used with remote switches?

Craig

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
covert

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.