Cannon Placement in '13 Sierra

DJIceman97

Dec 22, 2012
Northeast Kentucky
Looking to add Cannon's to my 2013 Sierra 2500HD, 4 in the front 4 in the rear, mostly for on-scene use (pulling up on accident or emergency/fire scene POV)...Definitely going to do 2 red in brake lights, 2 white in reverse lights, but unsure of what I want to do to the front.  Not sure if I should go solid colors as well, with white in the fogs and red elsewhere (had planned on high beam but was told that wasn't a good idea, so where else would I want to look at, and would it be better to do the Cannon 120's or the 360's?

Also, I'm going to be trying a project where I'm mounting Red/Amber cannons (with inline resistors) in a set of marker lights.  Using the amber as one mode as regular markers, and the red for warning power if needed, in lieu of a lightbar or interior bar.  I'm assuming 360's will be best for this project due to light dispersion? 

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Looking to add Cannon's to my 2013 Sierra 2500HD, 4 in the front 4 in the rear, mostly for on-scene use (pulling up on accident or emergency/fire scene POV)...Definitely going to do 2 red in brake lights, 2 white in reverse lights, but unsure of what I want to do to the front.  Not sure if I should go solid colors as well, with white in the fogs and red elsewhere (had planned on high beam but was told that wasn't a good idea, so where else would I want to look at, and would it be better to do the Cannon 120's or the 360's?

Also, I'm going to be trying a project where I'm mounting Red/Amber cannons (with inline resistors) in a set of marker lights.  Using the amber as one mode as regular markers, and the red for warning power if needed, in lieu of a lightbar or interior bar.  I'm assuming 360's will be best for this project due to light dispersion? 

A suggestion...in that year of truck doing a direct swap of the factory bulbs will net better results.  Shouldn't need to cut any plastic, just snap right in, bonus if you are worried about drilling holes. My 07 Silvy has the same light style (albeit Chevy not GMC) as yours I believe.   (See pics attached).  For the front, W/W in the fogs would be great (mount them facing forward next to the factory bulb), or you could do R/R W/W but have to remember to turn the fog bulbs off all the time.  You can do the headlight housing but its a big PITA.  And the 120s fill housings with light better than the 360s IMO

Look around in the build forums, some have tried what you are thinking and the result is less than spectacular.  The heads either end up throwing all the light to the sky, or having heat related issues in a lot of cases.  Not saying it won't work, it just takes some finagling.  I would assume the 360s might work better for this but they might be too tall for the roof housings.

PIC_0001.JPGPIC_0002.JPGPIC_0003.JPG

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nelsonn Matt

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.