Cencom Core CANport

TheSpotter

Jan 27, 2024
Florida
Good evening,

I’ve been playing around with programming the canport signals on a 2021 Chevy Tahoe. I’m trying to program it to where anytime I open the hatch/trunk to the Tahoe while the lightbar inside the trunk is active, they will turn off so I don’t get blinded when I need to enter the trunk. I configured the settings and have done the programming but when I open the trunk nothing happens. My question is, does each canport signal have to be hardwired or am I doing something wrong. Any help is much appreciated, thank you.

t24t1000

Feb 5, 2022
Fort Worth
Good evening,

I’ve been playing around with programming the canport signals on a 2021 Chevy Tahoe. I’m trying to program it to where anytime I open the hatch/trunk to the Tahoe while the lightbar inside the trunk is active, they will turn off so I don’t get blinded when I need to enter the trunk. I configured the settings and have done the programming but when I open the trunk nothing happens. My question is, does each canport signal have to be hardwired or am I doing something wrong. Any help is much appreciated, thank you.
You’ll either have to adjust your priorities or make an Event while programming in Command.

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
No, you do not need to hard wire each function. Your 399k6 cable is all that you need. That will give the core all of the vehicle signals that you need. Like stated above, its probably a priority issue. Make sure that your hatch input is a higher priority than the input that is turning on your lights that you want to turn off. Are other CanPort inputs working?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.