Christmas themed lightbars/beacons

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
If someone has some clear aero lenses they want me to have done in Green, Send em to me and I will try it.

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
What's sad is the blue me on my 8000 is soo faded that it looks like your green dome. :dielaugh: :sadcry:

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Yep, Whelen's older blue domes tended fade to a shade of green.

03crownvic

May 8, 2010
Louisiana
There is a seller on eBay going by "chesterchief10" that has a bunch of NOS Whelen beacons listed this week, including some crossbars and some 5200 strobes, including a green one!

WireKing

Dec 16, 2010
USA Southwest
I'm going to be building a 36" MX7K in RGRG configuration with RG flashers front and rear for use on my inlaw's red truck (he plays Santa VERY well). Were doing a parade next month, and then several "gigs" this season. Ill post pics once it's all together!

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
wolfman said:
Would this count for this thread???

Yep, that counts, WolfMan! :haha:

WireKing

Dec 16, 2010
USA Southwest
Here is my NOS 47" Dallas County MX7K with four slow rotators RGRG, corner sweeps, and 2 FF / 2 RF. It has two TDs but I'm not going to activate them.

This is for use on a red 2007 GMC Canyon for a parade this month for our charity organization CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates). My In-Laws are THE BEST Mr. & Mrs. Claus around, and we do a ton of fundraising starting in July each year.

I'll take some pics once it's mounted on the truck!

Enjoy!

Click on the picture below to view the video!

ai1206.photobucket.com_albums_bb450_ginnvision_th_168f75cf.jpg

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Looks awesome, WireKing! :cool:

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
I'll chip in.

Here's my clear dome mini Code 3 XL sealed beams. 2 reds and 2 greens.

It is powered by a modified computer power supply. So if mods says "yay", I could also post this in the power supply thread and explain a bit more about it...

If you also look until the end, you'll see that this post is "cat approved" ;)

Early Happy Holidays, y'all!

ai767.photobucket.com_albums_xx311_toon80_Mini_20Code_203_20XL_th_DSCN0422.jpg

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
toon80 said:
I'll chip in.
Here's my clear dome mini Code 3 XL sealed beams. 2 reds and 2 greens.

It is powered by a modified computer power supply. So if mods says "yay", I could also post this in the power supply thread and explain a bit more about it...

If you also look until the end, you'll see that this post is "cat approved" ;)

Early Happy Holidays, y'all!

Cool. How about red/green on each side? :thumbsup:

fedsig7

May 20, 2010
Santa Rosa, California
WireKing said:
Here is my NOS 47" Dallas County MX7K with four slow rotators RGRG, corner sweeps, and 2 FF / 2 RF. It has two TDs but I'm not going to activate them.

This is for use on a red 2007 GMC Canyon for a parade this month for our charity organization CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates). My In-Laws are THE BEST Mr. & Mrs. Claus around, and we do a ton of fundraising starting in July each year.

I'll take some pics once it's mounted on the truck!

Enjoy!

Click on the picture below to view the video!

ai1206.photobucket.com_albums_bb450_ginnvision_th_168f75cf.jpg

What kind of flasher did you use on the lower red and green lights.

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
rwo978 said:
Cool. How about red/green on each side? :thumbsup:

Could be cool, but for an odd reason, the clip that hods the lamps in place are awfully hard to pop back in place once off. Are all Code 3 XLs the same?

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Great recent additions to the Christmas thread, Dave, Eric, and Toon80! Looking forward to seeing more, everybody :cool: .

Dave, that Whelen crossbar deserves a quick video:yes:! Very cool.

ford-dealer

Sep 2, 2010
San Antonio
dmathieu said:
Holy mackerel, That's a NICE bar!!

Dan

Thanks for the compliments!

Dan, too bad it only has ONE of the original power supplies running the 2 beacons. The other side one was dead. I installed a

CS240 and set the "Scan-Lok" pattern to Double flash for the PAR46s. I am still looking for an original 3300 power supply. They are different from a normal 1200 power supply in that is has TWO outlets (2 AMP-MATE) connectors rather than the single outlet wired to the Octal connector.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
EL1998P71 said:
I've seen many posts about their Candy Cane Areodynic's, but yet none of them made it into this thread yet?
My first Aerodynic was a candy Cane.

Ohhhhhhhhhh yeaaaaaaah......I forgot about the candy-cane lightbars:duh:. They count for sure:thumbsup:. For anybody that has one, AeroDynic or other lightbars that are R/W/R/W etc, post 'em here:cool:! Don't be shy!

ford-dealer

Sep 2, 2010
San Antonio
Seriously? Now we are posting R/W bars? This thread will get really crowded quick!

Here is my contribution.....it isn't a Candy Cane... more like "Starlight Mints?"

ai147.photobucket.com_albums_r302_ford_dealer_DSC01379.jpg

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
CrownVic97 said:
Ohhhhhhhhhh yeaaaaaaah......I forgot about the candy-cane lightbars:duh:. They count for sure:thumbsup:. For anybody that has one, AeroDynic or other lightbars that are R/W/R/W etc, post 'em here:cool:! Don't be shy!

hey, you said don't be shy! LOL

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
ford-dealer said:
Seriously? Now we are posting R/W bars? This thread will get really crowded quick!
ERIC6913 said:
hey, you said don't be shy! LOL

Bad Idea meme.jpg

:dielaugh: :bonk:

Maybe, Dave, but it'll be the most festive warning light thread on the internet :D ! Your vintage (and very neat-looking BTW) Whelen bar is fair game. And, Eric, I like the R/W overload with some R/G tossed in. Very funny :crazy:

EL1998P71

May 23, 2010
Sterling Heights Mich
I think keeping it to Red/Green and Red/white/red/white/red/white/ect (like a candy cane) and red/white/green is X-massy.

But all red or mostly red with little bit of white is not quite there.

No offense to Eric6913, You have one of the nicest collection around.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RetLt2020

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.