Classic Car show finds

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Just coming back from Das Awkscht Fescht (good luck pronouncing it, I tried and failed horribly) and managed to locate 2 things worth of interest.

852023.jpg

8520231.jpg

8520232.jpg

Not sure how I did on the Traffic Master, but both look like they will clean up very nicely.
Need to do some testing which is coming up next.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2013
PA
Nice! Looks like a glass dome on the McDonald…is the 14M or standard 14?
Standard 14.

The other light has a bulb out, need to see if I have any GE 1143 bulbs..

Put in what I had on hand, and its working.
The glass cleaned up super nice..

M&A Traffic Master M.jpg

Last edited:

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
GREAT find on that Model M. It looks to be in beautiful condition. They are a rare item that a lot of folks don't even realize exist. Hopefully all 4 of the pencil flashers still work for the cool random flash pattern. NOS original replacements of those are exceptionally rare if they don't work. Good haul for sure.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Finally got around to making a video covering the Traffic Master.

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
Cool beacon and excellent narration--I think you should start a monthly series highlighting a different light in each episode!:D

I'm pretty sure back into the 1940s.
Flat mount with gasket around rim was common.
1195 is correct bulb for 12 Volt.
For California use, the agency would set the front to bypass the flasher to steady burn.
I've also seen blue and amber glass domes, but much rarer.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Last edited:
Reactions: Stampeed Valkyrie
Jun 18, 2013
PA
I've seen the flat top versions of this light in the past, I may even have a dome for one in my "Random Stuff" bins.

I almost walked away from this light, and I am glad I didn't.

Reactions: JohnMarcson

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I've seen the flat top versions of this light in the past, I may even have a dome for one in my "Random Stuff" bins.

I almost walked away from this light, and I am glad I didn't.
I usually can't stand "unsynced" stuff, but these have a certain random ripple to them that I like.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.