Core CanPort C399K6

t24t1000

Feb 5, 2022
Fort Worth
Does the C399K6 not work on 2023 Tahoe PPV/Suburbans? It doesn’t pull up on Whelen’s site and I’m reading comments on YouTube that something changed for the 23 model year.

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
Does the C399K6 not work on 2023 Tahoe PPV/Suburbans? It doesn’t pull up on Whelen’s site and I’m reading comments on YouTube that something changed for the 23 model year.
As of right now, Whelen cant pull canport signals from the newer 23 models. From what Ive been seeing, it looks like it will probably go to a canport similar to the F-150s where it plugs in under the passenger seat. Command also does not support canport on newer 23 GM models. Whelen says that they will have it soon, but they have been saying that for awhile. At my shop, we have been running a canport cable under the passenger seat, but not hooking it up. If and when Whelen figures it out, we will then splice into the vehicles canbus wires when it becomes available. I know some people have been able to get the Canport signals on the Silverados by splicing in under the seat, but I haven’t had to do that yet.

Reactions: t24t1000

t24t1000

Feb 5, 2022
Fort Worth
As of right now, Whelen cant pull canport signals from the newer 23 models. From what Ive been seeing, it looks like it will probably go to a canport similar to the F-150s where it plugs in under the passenger seat. Command also does not support canport on newer 23 GM models. Whelen says that they will have it soon, but they have been saying that for awhile. At my shop, we have been running a canport cable under the passenger seat, but not hooking it up. If and when Whelen figures it out, we will then splice into the vehicles canbus wires when it becomes available. I know some people have been able to get the Canport signals on the Silverados by splicing in under the seat, but I haven’t had to do that yet.
Well that sucks. I had our vendor order what we ordered for our 2022 Tahoe’s, and that included the C399K6. I was just looking at the new Whelen items and noticed that wasn’t popping up on the vehicle outfitter.

Thank you for the reply

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.