Denver's finest!

May 21, 2010
LKN, NC
That's Denver NORTH CAROLINA. I finally got around to uploading a video the 2015 Denver [NC] Christmas parade. Leading off the parade was Denver Engine 11, Alexis Engine 200 (Alexis is a mutual aid company that runs between 2 counties), and East Lincoln Engine 33 (our first-out engine from Base 2).
Denver and Alexis run Whelen lights, we (for whatever reason) have Sound Off on E33. Sound Off wouldn't be my first choice for a fire truck...but whatever. It gets the job done. We just got it's twin back from the factory (getting its 10-year refresh) and it came back with all FedSig. We also just got a tanker with all Whelen. Go figure.

May 21, 2010
LKN, NC
I should add that the Sound Off bars were retrofits. The truck did have an MX7000 when new. E33 is due for a 10-year refresh too. Don't know if lights will be on the list since it already has perfectly fine LEDs.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Honestly, the SOS bars don't look bad there (although I, too, wouldn't make them my first choice for apparatus), but I think they just need to choose a better flash pattern b/c that looks like a flickering mess IMO

Hoping to see a vid/pics of the new tanker soon.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
The SOS bar doesn't look bad on there. I would just change it to a less seizurey pattern.

May 21, 2010
LKN, NC
Ok, everyone stay tuned. We're revamping our website and once the new platform is ready I've volunteered to take new pictures and video of all our apparatus (just got a new SDXC UHD-1 memory card for my DSLR...hello HD video!). Give me a few weeks and I'll assault your eye holes with lots of blinky goodness.

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
We have a Sound Off Pinnacle bar (took place of MX also) on our citys busiest engine and it looks and works fine. Not my first choice for a engine because i think the freedom is the best, but looks fine.

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
Not bad, but not to nitpick... You should probably change the title to Denver's Bravest and not Finest.... Lol.

Reactions: JaBradt85

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RetLt2020

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.