Dietz 7-42 question

kerry4951

Mar 10, 2014
Central Pa
Anyone have any idea or thoughts on why the metal ribbing along the base was used on these lights? I cant figure out what the purpose would be, other then "looks".s-l1600.jpg

southpaw

May 7, 2015
South-West
maybe this base gets hot, do not touch sort of a thing? My only thought is those fins are for heat removal during long periods of opertation..

Reactions: OliverD

southpaw

May 7, 2015
South-West
all of these Dietz on the top row have some sort of fin aspect, including yours so I got to think its for keeping them cooler. Well rats.. I cant up load the file here because "that file already exists" in the Dietz catalog in vintage and collectible.

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
Heat sinks
Thats correct.
I have a 7-430 and the electronics inside are heavy duty and needs cooling.
I am not sure of the 7-42 but I assume that it has the same electronics as the 7-430 but use the lens for the 7-40 instead of the fresnel lens that 7-430 has.
I bought the 7-430 new with a blue lens somewhere in the 80s for my collection.
It has about 10 joule in single flash that is quite bright.
The inner fresnel lens is the same as on this light but it has also a outer lens of the fresnel type.
I can only think that the 7-42 do not have any good flash because it only has the inner fresnel lens with only horizontal prismas.

Michael

Reactions: kerry4951

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.