FastTrax integrated Traffic Advisor?!

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
While browsing Whelen via the Internet Archive / Wayback Machine I came across an option for the Whelen FastTrax that integrated a rear facing traffic advisor into the front facing piece, dubbed model number FTT1. Has anyone EVER seen this in use? I didn't know this existed until now. I'm guessing it wasn't a popular option and wonder how many were made. Also surprising to me is that the 2001 brochure for it lists the FastTrax also available for the Chevy Impala, whereas I always assumed it was only for the Crown Vic.

Add this to the bucket list to find...

1692591052979.png1692591075343.png

Tango7

Jul 7, 2020
Chicago Metro Area
I recall seeing the FastTrax on this site, and thinking it would be cool to install on my F150. I quickly realized it never achieved widespread use (I never saw one in the wild) and that updating it 20+ years might be a little more challenging than I wanted to start.

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
@Tango7
IF you could find at a minimum the housing, I think it would be a cool retro addition.
FastTrax uses the standard 400 series light heads. It would be easy to update to the specs you would need.

Reactions: Tango7 and tsquale

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.