FD at a "water problem"

May 21, 2010
LKN, NC
Waking up at 0330 is never fun. Especially for a "routine traffic" call like a water problem. Last time we ran a "water problem" some family's dishwasher sprung a leak and they called 911. However, this one was a bit different. We got out of the truck and heard a low roar coming from the back yard. The resident lead us to the back yard where we found this:

We stayed on scene until the city utility department got there with their heavy equipment.

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
So what does one do at this scene? That's a huge leak.

MiamiJeff

Oct 17, 2012
Miami, FL
Anyone that says "DUCT TAPE" and "WD-40" Solve all problems.. would have a hard time using these two as solutions to this huge problem. :D

May 21, 2010
LKN, NC
Hoff said:

Well, we checked for water infiltration to the houses that were now "downstream", I stood around with a throw-bag while everyone was poking around at it, and we mostly waited for the utility crew.

MtnMan said:
No one brought a wrench?

Oh, we all had wrenches, but their only effectiveness was to throw them at the pipe.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Lots and lots of this.

th.jpg

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Hoff said:

You do exactly what they were doing... stand there and wait for someone who knows WTF to do with a problem like that. :thumbsup:

The ONLY thing I would have done differently would have been to throw up some "Caution" or "Fire Line" tape and secure the area.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
vonirkinshtine said:
... while everyone was poking around at it...

Number one on the hit parade! :thumbsup:

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
what back yard?

LED

May 25, 2010
New England, MA
I once got dispatched to a burst pipe in the winter. When I got there the house was full of screaming asian people not speaking english. I opened the basement door and there was water up to the 2nd to top step, thought that was bad..

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RetLt2020

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.