Federal Signal Integrity light bar debut

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
arsenal10 said:
What would be the advantage of a linear style SLR be over the current V shaped SLR? Assuming they are the same price?

none whatsoever.

It would however, look pretty damn good sittin' on top of a big ole' fire truck

Outsider

May 21, 2010
New Hampshire
leftcoastmark said:
We just stock spare ROC boards. You can change out a ROC board a lot faster than an individual module on a Liberty or something. You stock SOS modules, we stock ROC boards - what's the difference? We've had a couple agencies switch to FS/ROC bars because of the ease of maintenance and repair parts.

Am I correct that the LED is attached to the board and not field serviceable? Just curious then, which roc board do you stock? Amber? Red? Blue? White? Left? Right? Center? Blue with 1 Red? Red with 1Amber? Blue with 2 amber? Amber with 1 blue? Blue with one white? Blue with 1 white in the front, 1 amber in the back? Red with 1 white in the front, 1 amber in the back? Blue to the front, amber to the back? Red to the front amber to the back? White to the front red to the back?

Etc, etc, etc...

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
Outsider said:
Am I correct that the LED is attached to the board and not field serviceable? Just curious then, which roc board do you stock? Amber? Red? Blue? White? Left? Right? Center? Blue with 1 Red? Red with 1Amber? Blue with 2 amber? Amber with 1 blue? Blue with one white? Blue with 1 white in the front, 1 amber in the back? Red with 1 white in the front, 1 amber in the back? Blue to the front, amber to the back? Red to the front amber to the back? White to the front red to the back?
Etc, etc, etc...

Totally approve this post!!!

NoVAFed

Dec 28, 2011
Earth, USA, Northern VA
Sirennet said:
Now that I can post it again!

A sneak peak at the new Federal Signal Integrity Lightbar

Maybe it's just me or maybe it's the video, but the little sqweek the SmartSiren makes when he pushes a button is really annoying. I know I'm messed up and my hearing is shot but that would drive me crazy.

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
I drink and LOVE the Whelen Cool Aid...BUT... I have to say that this lightbar is pretty slick. It's like they fixed everything that was wrong with the Legend. We had one in the shop on Wednesday and it looks like it is well put together, very thin and bright as all hell. SCORE FS! Finally...yes it still uses the ROC boards which sucks but I will tell you this...the bar looks great up close...really. Code 3s 21TR+ with the all linear modules is also another score. That bar is awesome too. Wicked awesome. The FS bar pricing is on par with the DUO Liberty so bout 30% less than the Valor.

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
Outsider said:
Etc, etc, etc...

Most (I can't think of an exception) of our law enforcement here use either full red/blue or red/blue with 6 ambers to the rear. That makes stocking spares easy as it's a total of 8 boards. There are at least that many variants of the WHelen modules in a liberty, aren't there? You have to stock front/rear modules in 3 colours, corner modules in 3 colours, takedown modules, alley modules. What's that -8 different types?

Have there been times where I wished I could just swap out 1 lighthead? Yes, absolutely. Is the ROC board easier and quicker to change than a module in a Liberty? Yes, absolutely. Are the part #'s on a ROC board easier to find than on any Whelen product? In nearly every case, yes (I haven't figured out the Whelen 3-part-numbers-per-part scheme yet).

Is ROC the perfect technology? No, but then neither is the individual-module method, with all the spaghetti wiring and connections it necessitates. Both have their upsides and downsides. I just know ROC sure makes repairs quick and very easy.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
leftcoastmark said:
I just know ROC sure makes repairs quick and very easy.

Just more money to spend on the part.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
bluestinger90 said:
He has 3000 Legends in the field, so the cost is probably negligible. The agency he outfits may or may not have money coming out of their wazoo.

http://elightbars.org/forums/f13/new-federal-signal-valor-light-emitting-diode-lightbar-6609/#post411279

Right my agency only has about 700 lightbars. They can't afford to replace the ROC boards. That's my point. It's cheaper to replace modules for them.

Other than the ROC, I like the bar. I know my agency will not be going back to fedsig anytime soon. And thats after spending more than 20 plus years with them.

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
FEVER said:
Right my agency only has about 700 lightbars. They can't afford to replace the ROC boards. That's my point. It's cheaper to replace modules for them.

Other than the ROC, I like the bar. I know my agency will not be going back to fedsig anytime soon. And thats after spending more than 20 plus years with them.

They need to address this with their FS rep. They have a fair bit of flexibility on the price of the boards, from what I gather. 700 bars is obviously a very sizable fleet. Will a new ROC ever be as cheap as a single LIN6 style module (i.e. - the module that goes into a Liberty)? Probably not, but you should be able to get it down to maybe 1.5-2x the price of a Lin6 module.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
leftcoastmark said:
They need to address this with their FS rep. They have a fair bit of flexibility on the price of the boards, from what I gather. 700 bars is obviously a very sizable fleet. Will a new ROC ever be as cheap as a single LIN6 style module (i.e. - the module that goes into a Liberty)? Probably not, but you should be able to get it down to maybe 1.5-2x the price of a Lin6 module.

The representation is why they moved away from fedsig after all of those years. They went to whelen for two and then moved to SOS and are VERY happy with SOS. They still use some LINZ6's though. But from everything I'm seeing coming out of fleet lately its all SOS. I really think the new generation of lightbars across the board are all MUCH higher quality than we have seen in years past. I think this could be a great period for the industry.

acs680

Nov 23, 2010
Tennessee
So it looks like the cost difference between this and the Valor is only about $250 and the only reason they came out with it was for those who didn't like the V shape. Looking at the bars on at the same, stacked on the top of each other, they are the same intensity wise from the front, but there is no comparison looking from the side as the Valor blows the Integrity away, especially in flood mode.

Also, the additional features on the Integrity like the photocell, additional cruise modes, etc will be added to the Valor. They have also added a new feature in the two bars and the Platinum configuration to kill the driver and/or passenger side when a door is open.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
@thebluesignal

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.