Federal Signal Integrity light bar debut

Jul 24, 2012
Lawrenceburg, KY
I'm thoroughly impressed, Looks like a great bar. I especially like the SpectraLux Feature, some of the flash patterns I saw in the video were really great. :thumbsup:

Jamey@NNE

Jun 23, 2011
Ocoee, Florida
FEVER said:
Finally, someone who can properly title a new product thread.

Interesting bar,I'd like to see it side by side with the legacy though.

Ive seen both and like this one better. The legacy really didnt impress me in person.

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
is it me or did they skimp on the length of the bar, at least whelen gives you edge to edge lighting. FS missed about 5 inches on both ends. Also ROC technology is very dumb. I have had 4 different departments have to take units off the road while FS had to warranty their ROC products because you essentially take 1/4 of the light bar off the vehicle to send it back....Major fail in my opinion.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
ryan said:
is it me or did they skimp on the length of the bar, at least whelen gives you edge to edge lighting. FS missed about 5 inches on both ends. Also ROC technology is very dumb. I have had 4 different departments have to take units off the road while FS had to warranty their ROC products because you essentially take 1/4 of the light bar off the vehicle to send it back....Major fail in my opinion.

I'm sad they did that... it would look like a good bar otherwise. This was the biggest reason my agency left fedsig. They got tired of having to replace 1/4 to half a lightbar when they had a minor failure. More than 20 years with fedsig stopped in 2009/2010.

:fangirl: :fangirl: :fangirl:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jamey@NNE

Jun 23, 2011
Ocoee, Florida
ryan said:

When I sat one on my car a few months ago it didnt look bad but I really wish they would go full length and loose roc.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Jamey@NNE said:
When I sat one on my car a few months ago it didnt look bad but I really wish they would go full length and loose roc.

Every company has their quirks I guess.

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
your right they do...But i am glad with code3 and whelen, When I have an issue..the car normally stays in service and I just send back a head.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
ryan said:
your right they do...But i am glad with code3 and whelen, When I have an issue..the car normally stays in service and I just send back a head.

I agree. Same goes for SOS and Feniex. My agency switched to SOS. They have even generously provided enough spare parts to build two complete lightbars just in case we have an issue so there is minimal down time. My agency has been VERY happy with the support that SOS has provided.

I do love the old fedsig stuff. I still have the Streethawk that was on my first ever issued patrol car. And although I hated the bar, I'm waiting for the arjent to come off the second car I ever had that had a full lightbar.

bluestinger90

Jun 5, 2010
BC / California
Why not have an extra inventory of FS ROC products to compensate for failures? Or are the FS ROC boards specific to the lightbar being serviced and not compatible with similar bars?

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
ryan said:

Really?? You must be used to the 48" overhang then. Fits a Charger really well. The body line curves up into the lightbar, rather than the lightbar jutting out.

[Broken External Image]:http://policecanada.org/policeca/bc/vancouverpd/VancouverBC154.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://policecanada.org/policeca/bc/victoriapd/VictoriaBC096.jpg

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
FEVER said:
I agree. Same goes for SOS and Feniex. My agency switched to SOS. They have even generously provided enough spare parts to build two complete lightbars just in case we have an issue so there is minimal down time. My agency has been VERY happy with the support that SOS has provided.

We just stock spare ROC boards. You can change out a ROC board a lot faster than an individual module on a Liberty or something. You stock SOS modules, we stock ROC boards - what's the difference? We've had a couple agencies switch to FS/ROC bars because of the ease of maintenance and repair parts.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
leftcoastmark said:
We just stock spare ROC boards. You can change out a ROC board a lot faster than an individual module on a Liberty or something. You stock SOS modules, we stock ROC boards - what's the difference? We've had a couple agencies switch to FS/ROC bars because of the ease of maintenance and repair parts.

The difference is fedsig wasn't willing to give them the replacement parts to have on hand for stuff that is under warranty. SOS did.

Fedsig really seemed like they could have cared less about my agency. SOS seems to treat them a little better.

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
Leftcoast, you must be the exception to the rule... because I have 4 departments that have the roc bars and not one of them were given anything extra. Every single piece of crap fs product that fails must be sent back to fs for warranty work. This takes the vehicle out of service for 7-10 days till they get the part back to me for reinstallation. I dont have the capital outlay to buy one each of federal signals lightbars to keep setting in my shop for when an item fails.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
ryan said:
Leftcoast, you must be the exception to the rule... because I have 4 departments that have the roc bars and not one of them were given anything extra. Every single piece of crap fs product that fails must be sent back to fs for warranty work. This takes the vehicle out of service for 7-10 days till they get the part back to me for reinstallation. I dont have the capital outlay to buy one each of federal signals lightbars to keep setting in my shop for when an item fails.

This is the point I was trying to make. Additionally what happens when the bar is out of warranty. I have an agency I just reused a 2005 liberty on. The bar will be on another car for a minimum of four years. I highly doubt you will see arjents from the same time period still on cars as long. The cost of one module failing is extraordinary compared to a liberty. I'd rather spend a few extra seconds replacing a module on a liberty than spend a fortune.

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
ryan said:

Thats the way I feel about whelen. Last set of lights I sent in for warranty took six months to get the replacements. I was lucky enough to have another client call me to strip a unit that had been totaled and I was able to get a set of lights out of that bar to replace the ones whelen had.

I sent in a LAW in about 8 months ago and I have yet to hear back about that lighthead, no call or email and they keep me on hold for 10 plus minutes every time I call. I have given up on that light head and replaced the entire system with better lights.

At leaset all other manufactures dont take more than a week or two to get you a replacement.

I cant wait to see one of these new bars in person.

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
MEVS06 said:
Thats the way I feel about whelen. Last set of lights I sent in for warranty took six months to get the replacements. I was lucky enough to have another client call me to strip a unit that had been totaled and I was able to get a set of lights out of that bar to replace the ones whelen had.

I sent in a LAW in about 8 months ago and I have yet to hear back about that lighthead, no call or email and they keep me on hold for 10 plus minutes every time I call. I have given up on that light head and replaced the entire system with better lights.

At leaset all other manufactures dont take more than a week or two to get you a replacement.

I cant wait to see one of these new bars in person.

really. I send items to both places and receive feedback within 3-4 days... You sure your sending items to the right place?? Granted I hate roc..but federal has been very quick to replace whole sections of bars..Whelen has been super fast on their warranty work as well. Either you didnt put an rma number on the item or failed at sending in any kind of paper with your contact info in it. Next time..send it to me and I will get warrantied for you.

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
ryan said:
really. I send items to both places and receive feedback within 3-4 days... You sure your sending items to the right place?? Granted I hate roc..but federal has been very quick to replace whole sections of bars..Whelen has been super fast on their warranty work as well. Either you didnt put an rma number on the item or failed at sending in any kind of paper with your contact info in it. Next time..send it to me and I will get warrantied for you.

In 7 years I have sent over 40 products back to Whelen. I know what info I have to send in with the product. I do not actively push whelen because of the lack of QC now a days.

Kevin K.

May 23, 2010
Northampton County, PA, USA
FEVER said:
Finally, someone who can properly title a new product thread.

Numero Uno: I didn't formally introduce this bar nor did I know it's name when FedSig posted the teaser photo; therefore, I was unble to identify this product.

Numero Dos: If you're fixing to be an asshole, why don't you post that this official announcement be posted in the proper thread? Answer: You're an asshole, that's why.

Kevin K.

May 23, 2010
Firefly Berlin said:
Hi guys, can someone tell me what's the curent ballpark price for a "fully loaded" Valor?
By fully loaded I mean a red/ blue one with flood white to the front and TA to the rear.

Federal Signal - Lightbar Configurator

After selecting the Valor, choose the configuration and options you desire, and the list price is calculated for you. You have a wide variety of options to adjust the list price to a range compatible with your budget. Additionally, it doesn't appear that FedSig's European counterparts carry the Valor. That'll have an impact on the final cost as well.

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
Kevin K. said:
Numero Uno: I didn't formally introduce this bar nor did I know it's name when FedSig posted the teaser photo; therefore, I was unble to identify this product.

Numero Dos: If you're fixing to be an asshole, why don't you post that this official announcement be posted in the proper thread? Answer: You're an asshole, that's why.

Wow....

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
MEVS06 said:
In 7 years I have sent over 40 products back to Whelen. I know what info I have to send in with the product. I do not actively push whelen because of the lack of QC now a days.

Soooo Your bitching about whelen on here because they take so long due to QC..But it is more your fault for not being a proactive end user and inquiring where your items are.

3226025383_7c2803a98f.jpg

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
Kevin K. said:

Sir, in regards to your post, here are some things to consider!

In the 3 or 4 other posts regarding this bar, nobody titled it near the way you did which made finding their threads almost useless compared to yours. Fever was merely giving you props on your ability to title this thread with greatest searchability on our forum. So YOU taking a positive comment and diluting it in your mind into an insult is all on your end. I expect you to apologize to Fever for calling him an Asshole. Thanks and have an enjoyable rest of the thread.

Kevin K.

May 23, 2010
ryan said:

In the 3 or 4 other posts regarding this bar, nobody titled it near the way you did which made finding their threads almost useless compared to yours. Fever was merely giving you props on your ability to title this thread with greatest searchability on our forum. So YOU taking a positive comment and diluting it in your mind into an insult is all on your end. I expect you to apologize to Fever for calling him an Asshole. Thanks and have an enjoyable rest of the thread.

Perception is in the eyes of the beholder.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
ryan said:

Ryan is correct. As far as I can tell, Kevin K, hasn't even posted in this thread. I'm not sure why it decided to go on an inflammatory rant attacking me. Isn't it off topic and considered flamming? I simply gave the OP props because I figured the mods would move this to the "New Product Announcement" section because that is what this is. It does make searching the forum that much easier for the rest of us.

Kevin should leave whatever vendetta it has against me out of threads in which I never address it. He obviously had nothing important to add to this thread with that post.

EDIT: this thread was no merged with Kevin's thread... originally my post were in a thread that Kevin never even posted in before and still got butt hurt

Now back on topic.....

I wonder how many LEDS total are in this bar and how it varies across the duo color and tri color platforms.

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
Kevin K. said:

What a surprise, you're in another thread attacking someone again. Looking back through your posts, you seem to have more negative to say than you contribute to this community.

OK, lets hear it :rolleyes:

The bar in the OP looks nice. I've always heard people say they'd love that bar if it wasn't V-Shaped.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Jamey@NNE said:
He created this thread and took it as a personal assault since he didnt know the name at that time. These can be merged.

It's coming!

He takes everything personal. Even so, thats really kind of a lame "assault" to get bent so out of shape over. (see signature)

A compliment directed towards one person is an assault to another not even mentioned? Seriously.

I figured this would get moved to product announcements.

Sirennet

Apr 23, 2013
Oregon
Now that I can post it again!

A sneak peak at the new Federal Signal Integrity Lightbar

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
acala91 said:
:drooling: :drooling: :drooling:

That thing is purdy. I love the Vipers mounted to the AS124s, very slick.

Thanks. We use tri-colour IPX6's on the side of the bumper now, too. They get red/blue/white warning to the front corner, plus additional scene/alley lighting when they hit the alley light switch.

They're really happy with how the vehicle turned out. They don't like the actual vehicle itself though - they made the mistake of getting them in FWD, unfortunately.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
:fangirl: :fangirl: :fangirl: :fangirl::fangirl:In the world of recent releases..... FEDSIG wins bigtime over Code 3:fangirl: :fangirl: :fangirl: :fangirl: :fangirl:

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
GTIdriver said:
I wonder what the price difference is compared to the Valor? Hopefully its cheaper so more departments can afford this over the Valor for their fleets.

The Integrity is less expensive. It's up on the Configurator on the FS website now, so you can configure both bars and see the List price difference.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
@thebluesignal

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.