Federal Signal MS (Military Spec) beacon

kerry4951

Mar 10, 2014
Central Pa
Recently picked this up on Ebay after no one else seemed to want it. The seller couldnt get a bid on it so I made an offer and bought it. I still think there are some out there who look at these MS lights and think they are a Frankenstein beacon. The nice thing about this one is that its 12 volt operation, and not the normal 24 volt that most of them seem to be. Overall its a 9+ on the 10 scale in condition. This is a very quiet running light.

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
Looks real nice! Interesting, too, that it's red. I suspect maybe it was for fire apparatus since military police tend to use blue. Another likely possibility is it was for use on commercial type vehicles, such as the chief's car or MP scout car, which would explain it being 12 volts. In any case, not your average find. :)

Reactions: kerry4951

kerry4951

Mar 10, 2014
Central Pa
Nice score, I was watching it too. I am only missing one (-6) of the six types of MS Spec 17 beacons. The color of the dome is actually spec'd out on the name tag.
-1,-2 being red
-3,-4 being amber
-5,-6 being blue
I couldnt believe someone wasnt buying that light. I dont think it was used very hard as it looks new. I still think many look at those MS lights and think they are a mis-matched Frankenstein light, and it scares them away

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.