Wanted Federal Signal sweep light part

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
Federal signal has a sweep light that went in the center of some of the vector bars and the streethawk. I have the light assembly, but I am missing the metal rod that connected to the gear at the motor to the reflector. What is that part called, and can I still get it.

Thank you

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
Hi Benno,

That looks like the part. The "Link Position Arm" or "Oscillating Link" I guess is what it is called.

Now if I could find one.

Thanks

JDH

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Obviously a real one is ideal, but these are actually not hard to make. I made one from a very thick section of coat hanger, like the wood type with the dowel and metal bar clip. You need a vice, a torch (optional) and some vice grips. It worked very well. I assume you can buy sections of metal rod too, but I had the coat hanger on hand and I only have one suit (My class A) and it came with a hanger.

Two-Bar-Suit-Hanger-1_2048x.png

Last edited:

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I was thinking about creating my own, but if I could purchase one, it would be best.
Absolutely a better option. I think i once used the metal handle from a 5 gallon bucket too. But yeah, a real one would be best.

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
Sooooo, does anyone have a spare arm the can sell me. Joking aside, how would I order one from Federal? Without an actual name or part number, I'm sort of sol.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RETFFMedic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.