Federal signal touchmaster TM4

Elentz23

Jul 31, 2013
Murrieta, CA
I have a Federal Signal Touchmaster TM4 that i want to use mainly as a switch panel and disable the siren tones completely. Is it possible to hook up the park disconnect constantly to disable to siren tones so a button doesn't get pressed and activate the siren?

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
It seems you can, but only with a Unitrol park kill module. From the manual:

8F7z4i9.jpeg

Source: https://www.fedsig.com/resource-document/file/7420

Elentz23

Jul 31, 2013
Murrieta, CA
My only concern would be using that as a permanent way to deactivate the tones so they don’t accidently turn it on would hurt the siren in one way or another. I would just not hook up a speaker but running the siren tone without a speaker would blow up the siren.

SoloRTP

May 22, 2011
NV, USA
Won't hurt it at all. Consider how much of the time a copmobile spends with the engine idling, which will fire the UPKM.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RETFFMedic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.