FedSig Multi-Color Impaxx

ryanm

May 20, 2010
Arkansas
Last edited by a moderator:

C2Installs

May 24, 2010
Tennessee
Daddy needs some new grille lights...I like the takedown option and it was only a matter of time until someone worked it out. Nice to see FedSig innovating again. These appear to me the basic same lighthead/reflector used in the new, flat V-bar, adapted to a surface/bracket mount application. Sweet.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
I knew this was coming as soon as I heard about the multicolor capabilities of the Vision SLR. :D

ISU_Cyclone

May 21, 2010
SE Wisconsin, USA
nerdly_dood said:
I knew this was coming as soon as I heard about the multicolor capabilities of the Vision SLR. :D

Except with these IMPAXX heads, single color heads have 6 LEDS, two color heads have 12 LEDS, and three color heads have 18 LEDS. (unlike the Vision SLR where the diodes are multi-colored.)

I want a pair! Red/White please!

Abacus

May 24, 2010
Sydney Australia
Having read the 30 page install guide on the website I was hoping someone could put an idiots guide to this as a sticky. In my old age I am quite partial to Whelen's instructions on the packaging though i have used a magnifying glass to make it a bit more readable just for us oldies.

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
I cant wait to see the new ils bars, i would love to have the entire bar along with grill lights as takedowns... Oh boy thats gonna be so freaking sweet, now thats a "wall of light"

paff2

Nov 30, 2010
Lancaster, PA
Jobber price on the original Impaxx is 105.00 but I got them for 38.00 shipped brand new. Hope these are that far off from jobber! Wishing at least..

FYI- I love my current Impaxx

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
US List pricing;

Single colour; $145

Dual colour $165

Tri colour; $195

Keep in mind that's list pricing (referred to as "Jobber" pricing on the amber side of FedSig). Dealers may sell for less ;)

By comparison, the 8 LED Viper EXT lists for $170.00.

Yes, they are basically the same as the optional 'hotfoot' takedown and alley lights on the new Valor bar.

Also note that they're going to be available in horizontal or vertical lensing, and in wide/narrow lens options. The current IPX3 is available in wide/narrow lens options, but doesn't have a vertical mount option. We use the narrow lens option behind the grill. Nasty bright since it takes all the light that's normally projected to the sides and shoves it straight down the middle.

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada

C2Installs

May 24, 2010
Tennessee
FDNY 10-75 said:
I can't wait to get my hands on a pair! I hope they follow up with dual color vipers or viper ext's!

I agree. The Viper series is getting replaced or updated with the new lighthead design. He who first markets a dash light with takedown feature will have a winner. Think of the install possibilities for side lighting with alley light, etc. I hope this is Federal's plan. And I hope they patent it (if possible).

Quentin

May 21, 2010
Lancaster, Nebraska
C2Installs said:
I agree. The Viper series is getting replaced or updated with the new lighthead design. He who first markets a dash light with takedown feature will have a winner. Think of the install possibilities for side lighting with alley light, etc. I hope this is Federal's plan. And I hope they patent it (if possible).

you read my mind!!

If anyone is selling these yet i want a price quote for "8", "4" in narrow lens and "4" in wide lens "3 colors red,blue,white" horizontal mounts

Thanks,

Quentin

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
ch31391 said:
Jobber price on the original Impaxx is 105.00 but I got them for 38.00 shipped brand new. Hope these are that far off from jobber! Wishing at least..

FYI- I love my current Impaxx

$38 for a item that has a list of $105 must have been a special deal from FS based on a very large order. Normal "best dealer" price isn't that low.

I would suspect that the IPX6 would go for about $100 for the single colour, $110 for the dual, and $130 for the tri colour. Those are just guesses though. It depends what kind of margin the various dealers are making on these things.

paff2

Nov 30, 2010
Lancaster, PA
leftcoastmark said:
$38 for a item that has a list of $105 must have been a special deal from FS based on a very large order. Normal "best dealer" price isn't that low.

I would suspect that the IPX6 would go for about $100 for the single colour, $110 for the dual, and $130 for the tri colour. Those are just guesses though. It depends what kind of margin the various dealers are making on these things.

Only bought 2 of them from (gasp) Galls. Gotta love the 15% discount and free shipping!

J. Forbes

May 24, 2010
Houston
Quentin said:
I see what i'm going to be using now for side lighting:woot:

anyone have pricing? Lone Star?

Thanks for the call today, sorry I was busy.

Here you go....remember late September at the earliest.

Federal Signal Impaxx Single Color LED Warning Lights - IPX600 - Surface Mount LED's

Federal Signal Impaxx Two Color LED Warning Lights - IPX620 - Surface Mount LED's

Federal Signal Impaxx Three Color LED Warning Lights - IPX630 - Surface Mount LED's

We placed a stock order today for the 2 & 3 color models.

ISU_Cyclone

May 21, 2010
SE Wisconsin, USA
J. Forbes said:

Are you stocking both wide-angle and narrow-angle lense options?

Any ELB discounts? ;-)

J. Forbes

May 24, 2010
Houston
ISU_Cyclone said:
Are you stocking both wide-angle and narrow-angle lense options?

Any ELB discounts? ;-)

I think I'm missing something because they only info I have received (part #'s) shows AOA or wide as the only option at this time. They are offering Vertical & Horizontal in the 1 and 3 color and only horizontal in the 2 color.

Yes I am offering discounts. PM me with what you want and I'll get you the pricing.

Quentin

May 21, 2010
Lancaster, Nebraska
J. Forbes said:

No thank you!

Your going to have a good size order coming from me:thumbsup:

Solvarex

Jun 2, 2010
Canada
No red/amber/white? Boo.

And do the three color versions have independent control over all three colors, or is it alternating primaries with secondary override only?

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Solvarex said:
No red/amber/white? Boo.

And do the three color versions have independent control over all three colors, or is it alternating primaries with secondary override only?

After quickly scanning the manual, it's pri/sec only, no independant switching.

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
They are still about 2-4 weeks away from shipping, from what I hear.

We may see some at IACP (Oct 24/25) in Chicago. I'll be going down for that, so if I can get some video or whatever, I will.

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
I'd really like to see a video, someone...anyone? Blue or Red changing to white/clear? Preferably with the horizontal, focused (narrow) beam so I can see how well they'll perform as TDs?

Please?

And one more thing...looking at the literature, the light has to be "on" before the TD/Alley works, correct? So I couldn't just use the TD or Alley function without the bar flashing?

Quentin

May 21, 2010
Lancaster, Nebraska
PJD642 said:
I'd really like to see a video, someone...anyone? Blue or Red changing to white/clear? Preferably with the horizontal, focused (narrow) beam so I can see how well they'll perform as TDs?

Please?

And one more thing...looking at the literature, the light has to be "on" before the TD/Alley works, correct? So I couldn't just use the TD or Alley function without the bar flashing?

Bump...... Anyone this is 2 months over due... :(

Sent From My HTC EVO 3D On Sprint The Now Network.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killgolden

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.