Feniex 4x6 pcb sneak peek

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
Solid color would work better as long as the entire thing flashed at once.  There's no need for pinwheel or ridiculous patterns.   

Dual color functionality with integrated white for scene, or amber for 2ndary warning would be a great option especially in the ambulance field.      If you made the middle row the Takedown optics and the top and bottom the WideLux, you could have the top and bottom alternate with the middle and get intersection punch and then a straight ahead punch all in the same light head.

One thing I've noticed with the flash patterns... there HAS to OFF time for the eye to realize that it's flashing and not just a blur of light.    You can lose the hyperactive flashes and go for slow synchronizable flash patterns.... maybe add an "Action Flash" clone in there... almost everyone out there has one now.   ( - - - ---- )  

One other thing, I'm sure you've already considered is a brake mode/steady mode for use with an external flasher or when the rig hits the brakes.     

Dimming may be an additional bonus. 

Offer clear and solid colored lenses, and maybe even consider adding additional optics on the outer lens as well.   Whelen series light heads have the wide optics under a fluted lense that takes a single or double row of LED and spreads it over the entire light head.    Might be worth looking at taking a row of the apollo optics out if you can get the same output by adjusting the outer lens optics.

Wow I typed a lot.   I can't wait to get my hands on these and take them to OEM.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I would like dual color as I am interested in having my white lights become amber when the vehicle is in park. 

proled

Sep 8, 2010
Belgium
I think the European market is a potential large customer for dual color lightheads. I recall reading somewhere that there was new legislation (passed, pending, or suggested?) that would require ALL emergency vehicles - fire, police, ambulance, etc. - to switch to alternating amber when parked on scene. The idea being that there is no need for blue while stationary as amber can be used for blocking ROW anyhow, and it assists in reducing rubberneckers looking for the pile of bodies and twisted wreckage, etc. A dual blue/amber head would be beneficial.
Only used in Holland so far, no pending legislation on the cards for everyone.... plus nothing new with dual colour lamps, been around in Europe for years !

txff914

May 25, 2010
Houstonl,tx
Those look sweet, I just I could get my hands on on four of them in amber/white to demo out, I've got a 50 ton heavy duty wrecker that needs some more lights on it and these would fit the bill. But unlike this company in the video I'm a smaller Feniex dealer, I can't get new unreleased products so it looks like I'm going to have to try to convince that customer to wait till June or go with some over priced Whelen m4s.

These also look like the new Wide-Lux lights too, not a 100% but the look close.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
This is a case of people not understanding the use of the Apollo optic. Same LED in the apollo that is in the cobra.  Dispersing the light 180 degrees compared to 35 to even 70 degrees is going to kill straight on punch.  There are dealers out there that have said the Apollo is as bright straight on as the cobra and it is simply not true. 

The benefit to these lights is they will have 180 degree warning without having a hideous V carved into them or sticking out something god awful.  

You MUST realize what you are getting. I still say even with these larger lightheads if all you care about is straight on warning, go with a dual T6 platform.  

That said, the light sticks have better straight on warning due to the spacers reflecting the light back forward. Those are truly more impressive straight on than the F6 and why I look forward to the Apollo 100 coming out in compared to the F6. The F-6 have a place in the lineup. They meet a need. It is up to the dealers and installers to inform their clients of the right decision and not just simply try to push the more expensive product. 

I look forward to these because they will fill a need. I see these being mostly side based units and to me you do not need nearly the throw on a side facing light as you need to the front and the rear. I could make the argument that the side needs to be more focused on off axis output, which these will probably lead the industry in. 

Last edited by a moderator:
May 21, 2010
LKN, NC
Have there been any updates about the release of these products?  I've only seen one teaser video (that HELS Tahoe from a while back).  It looks like they're dual color?  Are they dual color like the Apollos (the LEDs themselves are dual color), or are they split color like a Whelen M-series?  

What about that tanker above?  It's also a HELS video and the physical appearance of that light head is consistent with a 7x3 (2 rows of 6 LEDs).  If it is a Feniex 7x3 it makes a strong argument for single-color light head with a colored lens.

Feniex has installation instructions on their website:

http://www.feniex.com/literature/Wide%20Lux%20IM%20121914817948126.pdf

6 functions!  That's impressive!  If it's dual color can each function be assigned to a different color (say white-steady on with red-flashing)?

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Well if you've been on their site to see the install sheet, then you had to have seen that they are slated for release until the third quarter of this year...  

I'm sure they are doing some pretty extensive testing so they don't have to have 3-4 different variations like with the T-6s...  

Although, I'm really wanting 4 of these (well the 7X3 ones) to replace the 8 T-6s in my grill...  lol

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
Won't a 7x3 still fit in the Edge/Freedom just longer?

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
Yes but not exactly correctly. They are less than 2 400's side by side so you would need a special cut lense setup

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
any updates on these yet? I know the new Apollo set ups are out, so I don't know if this will change the set up of these?

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
so next month or the following then!!! ooooooo my grill would love me a pair.

I am always on the feiex site educating myself about everything since I am not a master distributer and can't afford to play with all the blinkies without buying them. Just was curious if that was still the target or if there was any talk around. thank you!

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
I just got an Apollo interior bar. If this is just a larger version of the light heads this should be one incredibly bright light!!

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
My only complaint on these is that you are enabling the uneducated to use the "quadrant" aka pinwheel type flash patterns. Very ineffective to the point they appear steady burn and in the daylight are quickly washed out by sunlight. Really need the half and half or full light flash patterns to be effective. IMO.

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
Send em up here nic! I'll demo the hell outta them!

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Gotta get them on mine... I'll have a meeting in tally in a couple weeks... if you can make the trip you aremore than welcome to see them then lol

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
You know it! I see another "buy the kennels blinkies" drive in the near future

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
I was really interested in these, primarily the single colored blue 7x3's for my brush guard.  But I wanted dual color ability as well. When Feniex released the F12, I was able to do 4 F12's blue/white on my brush guard, grouped as 2 on either side. Giving me 12 blue and 12 white leds per group on my brush guard.  If Feniex eventually releases a dual color, interwoven version down the road, set up just like the F12, I will definately be switching. I think these would look cleaner than my current set up.  I still feel they need the split color to be interwoven and not half and half, my opinion though,

But otherwise, I'm really really looking forward to seeing these perform.  I may have to purchase one, just to play around with!

Reactions: strobecrazy

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
came across this on youtube. are we nearing the release!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  BTW HOLY HELL they look bright!

CEVS

Jun 1, 2010
NJ
came across this on youtube. are we nearing the release!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  BTW HOLY HELL they look bright!

They are released, and available for order.

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
1) are they true dual color?

2) if not does the split version offer independent color control. meaning a B/W split, can I do a mode of warning both colors and then another mode of just the white on steady?

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
well now that makes me want the "700s" for my grill in blue/White. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM with the Apollo visor. You have no reason not to see me coming.....

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Watched Storms video and a question came up since I am looking to replace my grilles on my rig (currently looking to do 2 -T6 double stacked).  Anyone at Feniex know if there are any plans to make the Wide lux (3x7/4x6) dual color heads Interleaved like the single Apollo??  You know whole head has color 1 and color 2 LEDs throughout making it 24/36 instead of 12/18?  I'd really like a set but if the only option for now is half color 1 and half color 2 (like what was in the video) I might just hold off. 

Reactions: bullfrog4ever

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Disregard my last traffic......I went back through this thread and saw that I missed some posts here.  Answered my question.

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
Watched Storms video and a question came up since I am looking to replace my grilles on my rig (currently looking to do 2 -T6 double stacked).  Anyone at Feniex know if there are any plans to make the Wide lux (3x7/4x6) dual color heads Interleaved like the single Apollo??  You know whole head has color 1 and color 2 LEDs throughout making it 24/36 instead of 12/18?  I'd really like a set but if the only option for now is half color 1 and half color 2 (like what was in the video) I might just hold off. 

I'm hoping for for dual interwoven colors too, like the Apollo F12's.  And would also love to see at least a 2nd flashing mode. I run blue/white as response and slow flashing blue as on scene/white cut mode.  I want to replace my 4 Apollos with 2 7x3's.  I think it would look much cleaner than what I have.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
@thebluesignal

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.