Feniex Apollo!

thekameleon

Jul 19, 2013
Illinois
FEVER said:
Dummy (steady burn) modules are usually recommended for using with external flashers.

Do you mean not using an F6 and one of those horrible cheap LEDs? Or is there an F6 that has a steady burn and when the dealer asked me how I was using it (and said hooking up to an external flasher) they sent me the wrong type?

I have set them to single (slow) flash and it seems to work quite well when using the quad and quint flashes on my external flasher... However on the slower patterns it can look weird.

And just for context, I wanted to sync my dash light (Apollo 2X) with the external flasher. So I asked the dealer to send me 2 F6s and a dash shroud. (The dealer said, just purchase the Apollo 2X and put in a note to have the F6 separate. What was shipped to me were two separate interior F6, 2 pig tails and a dash shroud.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Pfire472 said:
Are the exterior F6s available yet??

Yes. Some are back orders but fir the most part they are available

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Red and white are now in back order until the second week of May

cbpdogboy

May 23, 2010
Detroit, MI
Is there a "dummy head" version available that can be red/blue? I want to sync all red on my vehicle then all blue using an external flasher...no internal flasher would be needed...thanks

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
cbpdogboy said:
Is there a "dummy head" version available that can be red/blue? I want to sync all red on my vehicle then all blue using an external flasher...no internal flasher would be needed...thanks

Yes there is. But you will essentially have to run four wires per lighthead. The light head needs to have power (and ground) at all times, then you will need to run a positive switched wire to each of the modes from the flasher to act as the signal activation for the mode you want on.

thekameleon

Jul 19, 2013
Illinois
FEVER said:
Yes there is. But you will essentially have to run four wires per lighthead. The light head needs to have power (and ground) at all times, then you will need to run a positive switched wire to each of the modes from the flasher to act as the signal activation for the mode you want on.

Frustrating to find this out now... Do these run about the same as the "normal" F6?

TACKLEBERRY

Sep 20, 2010
Norton, MA
So wait, the Brake Flicker pattern is back? I know Feniex removed it for awhile because I specifically purchased a set of Cannons (Y-2013) for it and they didn't have it.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
TACKLEBERRY said:
So wait, the Brake Flicker pattern is back? I know Feniex removed it for awhile because I specifically purchased a set of Cannons (Y-2013) for it and they didn't have it.

Yes it is back on all three mode (new) cannons, new apollo F6 module products and the new T-6

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Nothing has been mentioned.   I have my speculations based upon the time I have spent focusing on Feniex's product line over the last two years but... I'm not in the business of spreading rumors. I will wait until they release an official announcement. 

As always, I believe it will be competitive. 

Reactions: unlisted

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
someone needs to drop a line they need to make multiple warning modes in addition to arrowsticks (like tomar did) ;)

They also need to add some more "basic" flash patterns- ones which do not utilize all the lightheads.

Feniex 4200 has a 3 position (4 if you include off) progressive slide switch.. just sayin. 

Reactions: tsquale

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
They need to hurry up so I can see it, want it, and not be able to buy it

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Arrow patterns?

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Same arrow patterns as the cobra. I'll see if my brother can bring his car by so I can get some videos of the Apollo stick in it and do the arrow patterns.

bluestinger90

Jun 5, 2010
BC / California
For those of you who have the feniex apollo f6 exterior modules, what kind of steady burn is used?

Does it come on steady at near full brightness and remain near full brightness?

Or does it come on steady at near full brightness and then gradually dim?

I am trying to determine the suitability of using these lights as auxiliary reverse lighting.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
They steady burn at the same power they flash at. Any dimming is slowly caused inadvertently via heat. 

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
1)any update yet on release?

2) how are the Apollo series behind factory tint?

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
1)any update yet on release?

2) how are the Apollo series behind factory tint?
apollo sticks have been pushed back to the second quarter of 2015. (This is why I caution people about anticipating release dates) the Apollo doesn't do well at all behind tint. Go with the cobra series.

I personally don't think apollo modules should be mounted anywhere but outside of a vehicle.

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
Thank You for the info. That's a bummer, I wanted multi color lights for the rear. Now about the 600 interior model you have contact for price :)   ill pm you Fever.

RDT Car 25

May 22, 2010
Milford, CT
Anyone know if I would be able to control the colors separately. I'll explain what I need. I'm a volunteer FF and my primary color would be blue. I'm also the regional Dive Team Chief so I also run red. I would like to add amber as well. 

My idea was a 4 head stick with two red/blue heads and two blue/amber heads. I would like the ability to control each color individually. Thanks for any help.

Last edited by a moderator:

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
Does anyone have a flash pattern demo of the passenger side only Apollo interior bar or is it the same as the full bar, just that half? Thank you

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
ok so if I watch any flash pattern video from members just look at the one side, patterns aren't different for a full versus a half.

Reactions: Tom@Feniex

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
The Apollo stick is useless behind any glass, so it has to be exterior mounted. You cant even mount it in the front, with all of the V shaped mirrors, it catches all sorts of bugs and debris. Why isnt there a lens that covers all of that?

Reactions: Station 3

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
The Apollo stick is useless behind any glass, so it has to be exterior mounted. You cant even mount it in the front, with all of the V shaped mirrors, it catches all sorts of bugs and debris. Why isnt there a lens that covers all of that?
I'm not sure I'd agree apollos are useless behind glass.  By mirrors do you mean the angled sides of the lightheads?

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
I'm not sure I'd agree apollos are useless behind glass. By mirrors do you mean the angled sides of the lightheads?
Well they're certainly useless behind tinted glass. Im talking about the litle angled reflectors in between the lightheads.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Well they're certainly useless behind tinted glass. Im talking about the litle angled reflectors in between the lightheads.
I can't speak on their effectiveness behind tinted glass because I don't mount lights behind tint, nor have I seen any of these behind any significant tint.    How are the slants a problem to wash? Just too narrow of a space to clean?  I wonder if it would be feasible to make a cover?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killgolden

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.