Feniex introduces a new line

CEVS

Jun 1, 2010
NJ
View attachment awww.feniex.com_uploads_files_58086web1.jpg Welcome to the Feniex Fusion Line, merging the Apollo and Cobra series together into one ultimate lighting line. The Fusion line offers a variety of products in single or dual color, and each head can be selected as either 180degree or 40 degree optics. Not to mention they are brighter, smaller, and pricing is on par with the Cobra and Apollo.

Reactions: tsquale

Musicforhim

May 28, 2016
Roanoke, Virginia
Very exciting except I just placed an order for a cobra visor bar on Friday and now you offer dual color on the cobra...one of the things that kept me going between the cobra and Apollo. I hope I can change my order.

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
I'm very interested to see these. I've been wanting a dual colored cobra for a while and I'm intrigued to see how much better the revised Apollo optics are. I have a feeling this may become very expensive to me, lol. Only thing that would make it better, it having 3 modes on the surface mounts. So I could do, warning w/ white, warning only, flood override.

Here's their product launch information video:

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
1968.jpg
Wow, man. It's like Haight-Ashbury 1968!

The new product is actually exciting.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
i wonder if ill have to buy another LP bracket or if they will fit the older ones?

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
also how many modes do these have?

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
i wonder if ill have to buy another LP bracket or if they will fit the older ones?
The measurements posted match the cobra, but I'm not sure if that's a misprint. However, if it does fit, you'd have to drill a new hole for the wiring. The pictures I've seen of the gasket show the wiring coming out of the center of the lighthead, instead of the sides like the old line.

also how many modes do these have?
It says they're capable of 2 modes. I'm not entirely sure if that is just for the dual color or if its for single color as well. Hopefully the Feniex guys can chime in and give us some more info.

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
I wonder if they will have a dummy type dual color head so I can use them in my ILB with an external flasher.
I hope they are capable of using an external flasher. With all the different lightheads that people will have on their vehicles now, people will need a little sync in their lives. I hope they listened to us and programmed it for flashers to be used on the fusion line.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
They are dual mode, the heads are essentially going to be just the Apollo F6 style heads but in the form of the Cobra T6 head. They will function like the Apollo... regardless if you want the 40 or 80 degree optic.

Reactions: bullfrog4ever

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
Does dual mode include the ILB and Lightsticks as well? Regardless of dual/single color?
And what about external flashers? Will they work ULF44 or Feniex's own flasher?

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
Except for the Fusion 200 lightstick the single color ILB and Lightsticks will not have dual mode from the way it looks mode 2 functions as the takedown flashing. They should work with external flashers. They still use the exact same firmware as the Apollo's so they will still sync with the Cobra and Apollo lights. I have the instruction manuals, Fever should also, on my site. Feniex has not uploaded them to their site yet but you can see which are dual modes and what patterns they have.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
They will be dual mode for the dual sticks/ilb as well. Keep in mind some of those have dedicated functions for other types of modes. Flashers I'm skeptical of.

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
I agree with Fever and meant to say I would be skeptical also on if they would work with a flasher. Had a long night making final revisions to the site.

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
Gotcha. No worries, I totally understand. I just found some of the instruction manuals, so I'll be perusing those. Now, if someone can verify for me that maybe has them already, the manual says quad flash is back for the surface mounts. Is this true? Last time this happened, with the F12's I believe, it wasn't really true.

I appreciate the replies!

Musicforhim

May 28, 2016
Roanoke, Virginia
I'm trying to change my cobra visor order to a Fusion bar with this configuration:
R/W R/W R/W T/D T/D R/W R/W R/W
40 Degree optics on the whole bar

What I'm wanting is basically turning a regular cobra bar into something with full flood mode. I want to be able to have all reds flashing on the sides with the two white takedowns flashing in the center and then switch to flood mode for the whole bar...R/W's and T/D's. It shouldn't be a problem to wire one switch for both the flood mode of the R/W's and steady burn of the T/D's...yes? I don't necessarily foresee using the R/W's flashing in dual color (I've had concerns with color blending) although I know they'll be able to do that. Any problems anyone can see with this attempted configuration?

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
Gotcha. No worries, I totally understand. I just found some of the instruction manuals, so I'll be perusing those. Now, if someone can verify for me that maybe has them already, the manual says quad flash is back for the surface mounts. Is this true? Last time this happened, with the F12's I believe, it wasn't really true.

I appreciate the replies!
Can not say for sure until we receive some in. The pattern list was messed up for the Cobra 49" also. No dealers have the new lights yet because we could not pre-order them. Today is the first day we are allowed to order also.

Fighting17th

Jan 19, 2012
PA, Washington County
I am very curious if these can be used with an external flasher. Maybe Feniex can chime in or someone as soon as they get one to test. That might be the determining factor in me purchasing at least 6 of them. Right now I have a mix of several different nForce lights and some others that I was getting ready to install on my POV. If these work with a flasher I might buy 6 or 8 of them.
Plus is there any plans on Widelux 7x3 dual colors anytime soon (not split)?

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
Can not say for sure until we receive some in. The pattern list was messed up for the Cobra 49" also. No dealers have the new lights yet because we could not pre-order them. Today is the first day we are allowed to order also.
That sucks they wouldn't let you pre-order. That's gotta be hard to try to answer questions without having the lights in hand to test. I have a feeling Feniex is about to get a mass influx of orders.

Seems like a lot of people like to use external flashers. They would be smart to make them work with a flasher. Too bad they didn't do that with the new Cannons

I think the thing for flashers is that many people like to have sync and like different patterns other than what is offered out of the box from Feniex. Or in some peoples cases, having a mix of Feniex lights with different firmwares and needing to sync them.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
The majority of the firmware out there now is compatible with these. The early firmware products are the ones that wont sync. All of the current stuff will sync because its going to be almost an identical firmware

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
The majority of the firmware out there now is compatible with these. The early firmware products are the ones that wont sync. All of the current stuff will sync because its going to be almost an identical firmware

That's good. I'm glad they're doing that to all models, so they can sync.

But I still refuse to give up my first gen cannons, :), due to the quad flash that they took away. Those unfortunately won't sync with anything.

Reactions: Eric1249

bluestinger90

Jun 5, 2010
BC / California
edit;

It sounds like the apollo and cobra lines are going to be discontinued to reduce inventory kept on hand.

If the prices are kept the same, and the lights are external flasher compatible, I am excited.

Last edited:

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
I wonder, would it be cheaper to buy dummy dual color fusion heads and the new flasher to replace my cobra ILB lights or just sell my old bar and get a new one. Hmmmm... questions that'll cost me a lot of money, lol. :)

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
I wonder, would it be cheaper to buy dummy dual color fusion heads and the new flasher to replace my cobra ILB lights or just sell my old bar and get a new one. Hmmmm... questions that'll cost me a lot of money, lol. :)
Its usually not cost effect to part in a new bar

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
It sounds like the apollo and cobra lines are going to be discontinued to reduce inventory kept on hand.
Yes that is correct. Both lines are being discontinued for the Fusion line. It will help them speed up production times since the optics is now the only difference in the light. Also before someone asks the Cobra T3 is not being discontinued. They are keeping it, just dropping the Cobra name off the front of it.

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
Yes that is correct. Both lines are being discontinued for the Fusion line. It will help them speed up production times since the optics is now the only difference in the light. Also before someone asks the Cobra T3 is not being discontinued. They are keeping it, just dropping the Cobra name off the front of it.

I'm actually kind of suprised they didn't revise the cobra T3 along with it. Would've been pretty cool to have dual colored T3 fusions as well. But even still, I love the T3's as they stand now, so I can't complain.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
So how is this gonna work for decreasing stocking requirements....in lay man's terms, is Feniex only gonna produce an upgraded cobra lighthead's guts, and then (when the order is placed) attach the 40 or 180 degree optic to each lighthead as ordered?

Will the production of the T3 and widelux (6x4, 7x3, 9x7) lightheads be unaffected?

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
Pretty much. Rather than having to produce the Cobra, Apollo single color, and Apollo dual color guts they now only have to produce single and dual color guts and put either optic on it after. Also only have 1 housing to keep stocked verses having the Cobra

T3 and Wide-Lux heads should be unaffected. Have to remember though that they are still a pretty small company, just reached 50.

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
**only have 2 housings to keep stocked vs both the versions of the Cobra and Apollo, as well as only 1 frame for the light sticks. Sorry accidently posted it as I was trying redo what I was typing.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RetLt2020

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.