Feniex Olympian C-2009

citypolice

Aug 17, 2011
NCR (VA, MD, DC) USA
Jman423 said:
The other biggest complaint I have about this unit is the lack of some common legends, like Dash, or LBAR Front and LBAR Rear... stuff like that.

You can make your own legends with any graphics program...

1) Layout your text so that when printed it will fit the button.

2) Use the graphics program to make an inverted image (black background with white text.)

3) Print the file to thin white adhesive paper (such as blank UPS labels, etc.)

4) Cover the area of the paper with thin clear shipping tape and squegee down hard to the paper (this protects the printing and makes a thicker legend professional looking)

5) Cut the area square to fit, peel backing and apply to the unit.

beavercorp

Aug 4, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
108FP1 said:
I used 8G wire with a 75A circuit breaker.

Thanks. I am having trouble finding the best items to use for my projects, and being in Canada we don't have as many retail chains as the US for items like circuit breakers etc. where would you recommend to look? Sorry for off topic, but curious.

May 22, 2010
New York City
just got off the phone with feniex, in 3 weeks the new olympian will be out, 200 watt version only.......... its not going to be 100 watts anymore....... and its going to have a higher price point.....

murphyslaw

Jun 24, 2010
South Central Alaska
I was really digging this unit until I saw this thread.

I love my Brookings switch pnl. Just need more buttons.

Holding to turn it off is BS and I will not waste a mem button to std-by. Oh well. Guess I will just stick with what I got. And keep expanding my secondary circuitry.

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
911 said:
just got off the phone with feniex, in 3 weeks the new olympian will be out, 200 watt version only.......... its not going to be 100 watts anymore....... and its going to have a higher price point.....

Heh, no mention of the non-siren unit yet, huh? I'm yet to hear officially that they are going to re-do the non-siren unit, which is the subject of this thread. I just got my truck back from the installer today, and I got to mess with it a little bit, but I guess I'll see how it holds up to fairly heavy use.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
911 said:
she said, its only going to be available with a intergrated 200 watt siren, no other model will be available

That sucks... I don't need, nor am I allowed to use a siren (curently)... I just wanted a new switchbox... This is disheartening...

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
911 said:
she said, its only going to be available with a intergrated 200 watt siren, no other model will be available

Well, I don't know who "she" is, but Alex told me there would be (right after the siren release), and I believe he said the same thing to someone else here as well.

OverLordOfYou

Sep 1, 2011
U.S.A California
So did they switch over to a scroll switch so your forced to go thru the level/codes 1, 2, 3? or is the new model still going to have the jump to code/level ability with programable buttons as in V1?

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
Unless I am missing something, the C-2009 has been pulled off the Feniex website. The C-2109 is still there, but there is no option for the non-siren unit, although, the images still show the C-2009 (based on legend inserts).

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
I believe that the C-2009 is without siren and the C-2009S is with integrated siren. ICBW

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
911 said:
c-2009 = no siren
c-2109 = intergrated siren

Yep, that's it.

Steve-O

May 21, 2010
San Antonio
Any word on the new, bug-free version yet? Mine is still activating randomly when powering up. :bonk:

I had the air horn on the Flash Pattern button and it would sound it when starting up. So I changed the air horn to a regular button and now one of the other siren tones chirps when powering up.

Someone want to PM me Alex's contact info so I can contact him?

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
Steve-O said:
Any word on the new, bug-free version yet? Mine is still activating randomly when powering up. :bonk:

I had the air horn on the Flash Pattern button and it would sound it when starting up. So I changed the air horn to a regular button and now one of the other siren tones chirps when powering up.

Someone want to PM me Alex's contact info so I can contact him?

The new version is on the way to some beta testers at the moment... you should see a review from me hopefully Monday evening on the new 200w siren unit.

I've been told by two people at Feniex that as soon as this unit is bug free, they will start working on the new non-siren unit. There are some changes to both units though, from what I have been told. These will have progressive functions instead of programmable groups like the original units.

Steve-O

May 21, 2010
San Antonio
Jman423 said:
The new version is on the way to some beta testers at the moment... you should see a review from me hopefully Monday evening on the new 200w siren unit.

I've been told by two people at Feniex that as soon as this unit is bug free, they will start working on the new non-siren unit. There are some changes to both units though, from what I have been told. These will have progressive functions instead of programmable groups like the original units.

I'm looking forward to your review, although I don't need one with an included siren as I already have a separate unit. I hope that they make good on their promise to take care of us who have the defective units...

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
Steve-O said:
I'm looking forward to your review, although I don't need one with an included siren as I already have a separate unit. I hope that they make good on their promise to take care of us who have the defective units...

Yeah, I had another complete failure of my keypad again yesterday. I have no use of my lights until I get a replacement keypad. I'm going to get a second one (keypad) in case this happens again.

I'm told the layout is the same, so console plates will still fit the new siren unit, and the future non-siren unit. I'm looking forward to checking this thing out. It is scheduled to be delivered Monday. There may be a review up elsewhere sooner though, there were a few of us that were getting the chance to review these new units.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.