FENIEX Review - Olympian Controller System (No Siren)

TraFx

Jun 10, 2010
South Carolina
Hello All....

We recently ordered and received a few FENIEX Olympian Controller systems. These do not have the integrated 100 watt siren built in.

To start with...once again, Feniex has impressed me on their packaging and shipping. Very well protected and arrived without a scratch.

Much like the Olympian Siren, the controller system contains the Relay/Controller Box, necessary 12v power leads for your aftermarket equipment, back-lit touch membrane remote control panel w/ bracket and peel & stick legend sheet. Instructions are also included as it a proof of purchase/serial number attached to either the controller box or paperwork.

The control head is identical to the Olympus Siren controller except for the Feniex branded face. It reads Olympian in the bottom center to the left of the system power switch and still has the large Feniex logo in the upper left part of the head. The three memory/pursuit buttons operate the same as on the Siren System and are totally user programmable. The individual buttons are all amber back-lit and turn bright orange when activated. The memory switches are red back-lit and glow bright red when activated. The upper right button is the only momentary switch available at this time. All others are push on/push off. The Controller head takes up 4" of console space when used with the available custom console bracket.

We have been told by Feniex that in the next upcoming production run, both the Olympian Siren and Controller are getting a significant overhaul offering up more choices such as making each switch on/off or momentary as well as making them much more touch friendly in a smaller control head assembly. The large Feniex logo will also be removed on the new production model remote head.

The relay/controller box has a row of 16 male blade connectors that can handle up to 10 amps per relay for accessory power connection. The last marked "flash" is the momentary switch from the controller....it was designed as a pattern flash selector but can be used for any application that requires a 12v momentary switch. The power cable and ground cable are to the right of the "flash" output followed by the RJ-45 connector for the remote head assembly. The relay/controller box does sport a much lower profile than the Siren Relay box and does run somewhat cooler. We have left the box running with all ports powering LEDs for up to three hours at a time and have not had any heat issues in the wires or box.

Dimensions are:

Remote Head: 6.75" L x 3.5" W x1.25" H

Relay/power supply box: 9.5" L x 5" W x1.75" H

To date we have installed three of these and everyone appears to be very happy with them.

Feniex is working out a minor bug that from time to time will re-activate the last buttons used when the box is shut off with the main power switch and the individual switches were not turned of before hand. I have only been able to replicate this problem twice out of several dozen attempts. They say once the problem is rectified its just a matter of swapping out the control head only...at no charge.

The Olympian Controller gets at 8 from me on a 1 (bad) -10 (excellent) scale. If you are looking for a custom controller with programming options, this one is a good choice at a real good price.

If you are interested in one let me know and we can make a deal for Elightbar members.

Thanks and pass along any questions or comments for sure...

Tra-Fx

Olympian_Controller 1.png

Olympian_Controller 4.png

Olympian_Controller 5.png

Olympian_Controller 7.png

Olympian_Controller 9.jpg

Olympian_Controller 10.png

Olympian_Controller 8.png

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
TraFx said:
Hello All....

Feniex is working out a minor bug that from time to time will re-activate the last buttons used when the box is shut off with the main power switch and the individual switches were not turned of before hand. I have only been able to replicate this problem twice out of several dozen attempts. They say once the problem is rectified its just a matter of swapping out the control head only...at no charge.

I noticed the same thing with the Olympus 16X Software after reading this posting (closing the program, and reopening it, the Memory Button last activated was still activated). I had noticed it before, but it did not click until I read your post.

LED

May 25, 2010
New England, MA
Sorry but this is almost a biased review, a quick google "TraFx Emergency Lights partners with Feniex Industries", its more of advertising then an honest 3rd party review.

TraFx

Jun 10, 2010
South Carolina
The fact that we are a dealer/distributor for Feniex does not (and should not) affect the way we review the products. If there is a product that has a problem or some downfalls or is great out of the box....I will be the first to point it out...whether we sell it or not. I feel that we all need to see what products look like, how they perform and where the limitations are.

It has helped me in the past here reading dealer reviews about products they sell. If there are things that are good, they should be pointed out...same thing with a products problems. The majority of us here on the forum are all users, dealers and up-fitter/installers that want to see a detailed outline of features, etc..and that's what I try to provide.

Anyone that has any questions are more than welcome to ask at anytime.

Tra-Fx

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benny22

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.