Feniex Storm questions

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
My Feniex Storm is on order, so I should be able to answer these questions for myself soon, but has anyone gotten hands on one yet? Is there any install info beyond this: https://www.feniex.com/literature/storm%20labelweb1146353853.jpg ?

Looking at the previous Haleo instructions, it appears that the idea is to use a separate rocker switch for each of the 4 tones. Seems kind of clunky, when a rotary or slide selector would do it all with one control.

Yeah, I know, the real answer is probably "get a 4200," but in the mean time....

Torpedo

May 9, 2012
USA Fl
I know nothing of this unit however sounds legit to me in that rockers would have to be switched off before next one is selected? Yes, clunky at best and distracting at worse. I am a huge proponent of rotary switches for light ampere loads, just watch out for make before break rotary switch in case multiples can hurt this unit. IDK really if it would, just thunkin and clunkin in my head.

Jamey@NNE

Jun 23, 2011
Ocoee, Florida
I have one in my hand but have not had a chance to play with it yet or really read the instructions. I would imagine that yes you would turn off one switch before using the next.

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
Torpedo said:
I know nothing of this unit however sounds legit to me in that rockers would have to be switched off before next one is selected?

Right... or does activating a new tone cancel the previous one? And does that meant you have to flip all the switches off to reset? I'm guessing many users will just rely on the horn ring cycle input.

Feniex has some neat products, but their documentation is really sketchy.

Nick@Feniex

Dec 23, 2010
Texas
Jamey@NNE said:
I have one in my hand but have not had a chance to play with it yet or really read the instructions. I would imagine that yes you would turn off one switch before using the next.

If you ask me I say just use Hands Free mode so its enables Horn Ring Activation. Why are you taking your eyes off the road to reach down to press a different button when you can just hit your vehicles horn to change the tone? my :twocents:

I think your going to be really happy with this unit.

-Nick

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
Feniex said:
If you ask me I say just use Hands Free mode so its enables Horn Ring Activation. Why are you taking your eyes off the road to reach down to press a different button when you can just hit your vehicles horn to change the tone? my :twocents:

I think your going to be really happy with this unit.

-Nick

Nick, as a representative for Feniex, could you provide a definitive answer to my questions? What happens if two or more inputs are activated simultaneously?

Thanks!

Nick@Feniex

Dec 23, 2010
Texas
MtnMan said:
Nick, as a representative for Feniex, could you provide a definitive answer to my questions? What happens if two or more inputs are activated simultaneously?

Thanks!

MtnMan,

If any tone is activated when another tone is in operation, the "newly" activated tone will override the current operational tone. Even with that capability (which is what you are requesting) I would still hook up horn ring activation.

-Nick

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
Feniex said:
MtnMan,

If any tone is activated when another tone is in operation, the "newly" activated tone will override the current operational tone. Even with that capability (which is what you are requesting) I would still hook up horn ring activation.

-Nick

Got it. Thanks!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.