Flea market find

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
Went to a local flea market and was getting ready leave when I spotted these.

2 vhf Motorola HT1000's with one Motorola battery and 3 off brand batteries. Also came with a charger. I need to get a new cord due to it being an off brand cord. I believe that's why they aren't charging.

If I can get them to work, I am going to have them programmed to my fire dept and will be using as a backup radio.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426295225.529118.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426295742.816743.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426296030.243557.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1426296038.398044.jpg

Edit: got 2 of the off brand batteries to charge. One radio is a dead one I think won't turn on even with it on the charger. 3rd off brand and the Motorola battery won't charge at all.

An instructor of mine will be programming it to my departments freq and I will be using this as a primary or secondary to my Kenwood since I'm more of a Motorola fan.

That is if my county can ever get its radio system straightened out where it'll actually work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.