Glock 23 and Springfield XDs with TLR Series Lights

Mrbaxter

Oct 16, 2013
Connecticut
Hey everyone,

I read online that the Glock 23 was having feeding problems with a Streamlight TLR1/2 attached. All the articles I read were from roughly 2008/2009, so I was wondering if there has been an update from either Glock or Streamlight that corrected this issue? Or has anyone experienced this issue over the last few years?

Also, anyone have any suggestions for a light that will fit an XDs .45 3.3"? Ive seen pictures of one with a TLR-1 but it looked way too big to manage? I'm thinking about the TLR-3 but I don't have any experience with it.

Thanks,

Matt

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
I think it was actually the 22, not the 23.  I ran a G23 with a TLR-1 for about 8 years, and never had an issue with either ball or duty ammo.  I did  have one or two issues with a G22 with the same light, although they were very infrequent, and I'm not sure if the light was to blame.

I'm using a 4th gen G19 with the TLR-1 HL now, and have had zero issues.

Reactions: Mrbaxter

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
I have a G22 gen 4 and TLR-1S. Although the light is often not on the gun, I've never had a problem. A standard range trip is at least 150 rounds. With thousands of rounds through the gun, the only FTF I've ever had was with Fiocchi ammo and the light was not on the gun at the time.

Reactions: Mrbaxter

Mrbaxter

Oct 16, 2013
Connecticut
Thanks for the input everyone. Any input on a light for an XDs?

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
Thanks for the input everyone. Any input on a light for an XDs?

I have the XDs 4.0 in 9mm. Friend recently gave me a no-name brand LED tac-light that I put on it from time to time, however I have the Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0 IWB, which had already been made for it without a tac light, so only will have it on if I am at home and open carrying. Have not put any rounds through it with the tac light mounted.

Two friends have the XDs 3.3 in .45, I can always ask them to try, or to let me try putting the tac light on it and putting a few downrange.

Mrbaxter

Oct 16, 2013
Connecticut
I have the XDs 4.0 in 9mm. Friend recently gave me a no-name brand LED tac-light that I put on it from time to time, however I have the Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0 IWB, which had already been made for it without a tac light, so only will have it on if I am at home and open carrying. Have not put any rounds through it with the tac light mounted.Two friends have the XDs 3.3 in .45, I can always ask them to try, or to let me try putting the tac light on it and putting a few downrange.

That would be much appreciated! I'm currently waiting on my cloak tuck 3.0 to be delivered. The light would mainly be for at home use like you said.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
That would be much appreciated! I'm currently waiting on my cloak tuck 3.0 to be delivered. The light would mainly be for at home use like you said.

I have a full carry and have it on me often when I am out, but if I am just hanging around home, I will usually have it out or around, not always on me.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Had a Gen3 G23 (Flat dark earth colored frame) with the older TLR1 on it with no issues.  My brother now owns it and he had cycling issues when he put a TLR1 on.   We tried different ammo, factory/nonfactory mags, different shooters, and a 9mm full upper from Lone Wolf he had and it did the same thing.  In each case once the light came off it functioned just fine.  Weird that I had it with light and no problems, yet it was a jam-a-matic after he got it.

We determined that the light was screwed on too tight.  If we secured the thumbscrew thingy down with a screwdriver the gun would cycle back and stick open like the mag was empty.  We also found that there is a fine line and just about quarter to half past finger tight was all it needed to stay on and not cause issues.  Best guess is the light was squeezing the polymer frame just enough to cause a malfunction. 

Obviously each firearm is a bit different but it worked in this case....my .02.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmood

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.