Greenwood Lake FD trucks (updated 6/10/14)*photo heavy*

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
He's not the only one!!!! :lol:

Amanda:  Stick by your guns, gal.  You'll be able to drive one soon enough.  When I first started working on an ambulance at age 15, you had to be 21 in Texas to drive an ambulance, along with possession of a chauffeur's license. By a freak accident while I was still 15 I ended driving on an emergency run, but that was the exception not the rule.

Just bide your time.  I also love the green color scheme. I also like the way the camper shell is mounted on the pickup.  I had to look twice to realize that it wasn't an Explorer, etc.

Reactions: Amanda

Amanda

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
pdk, you know... I never even realized that.. I'm gonna have to keep an eye out next time we're out with that truck. As for the lighting on the boat, we actually just got the boat a few months ago from another department and they just worked out all the wiring/radios and put it in service. I'm definitely going to keep my eyes peeled for some LED beacons.

Skip, at this point I am fire police and the department photographer so I go directly to the scene, but over time, I'm sure I'll end up taking a few pump op classes and get myself trained on them, never hurts to have an extra driver on hand.

The green definitely grows on you, we get a lot more compliments on it as of late than we did when we first switched over.

I should be able to get some photos of our brush truck and UTV soon!

Also, some additional specs from 619:

FOAM SYSTEM: Akron In-Line Eductor
OPERATOR'S PANEL: Side-Mount
WATER TANK: 1250 Gallon Poly
FOAM TANK: 20 Gallon Class "A" (Integral)
NFPA LIGHTING: Whelen
GENERATOR: 15,000 Watt Hydraulic
FEATURES:

Powered Ladder Bracket, Officer's Side
   Electric Rewind Reel for 150' of 1" Hose in Rear Compt.
   Arrow Stick Traffic Control Light
   (6) 1500 Watt Flood Lights
   Electric Rewind Reel for 150' of Electric Cord
   9,000# Modular-mount Winch
   Black Vinyl Hose Bed Tarp

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Skip Goulet

jmccarthy

Nov 9, 2013
ne ohio
And here's 624, the brush truck, on the back is 623.

aimagizer.imageshack.us_v2_640x480q90_537_ORYQEG.jpg

aimagizer.imageshack.us_v2_640x480q90_745_1FySdK.jpg

Only photo I have of the UTV is an action shot..

aimagizer.imageshack.us_v2_640x480q90_908_bdPet7.jpg
Can you post a pic of the utv and the trailer, my dept just got a utv and are still trying to decide what to do for it and a trailer. Also beautiful trucks I like the green.

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
pdk, you know... I never even realized that.. I'm gonna have to keep an eye out next time we're out with that truck. As for the lighting on the boat, we actually just got the boat a few months ago from another department and they just worked out all the wiring/radios and put it in service. I'm definitely going to keep my eyes peeled for some LED beacons.

Skip, at this point I am fire police and the department photographer so I go directly to the scene, but over time, I'm sure I'll end up taking a few pump op classes and get myself trained on them, never hurts to have an extra driver on hand.

The green definitely grows on you, we get a lot more compliments on it as of late than we did when we first switched over.

I should be able to get some photos of our brush truck and UTV soon!

Also, some additional specs from 619:

FOAM SYSTEM: Akron In-Line Eductor

OPERATOR'S PANEL: Side-Mount

WATER TANK: 1250 Gallon Poly

FOAM TANK: 20 Gallon Class "A" (Integral)

NFPA LIGHTING: Whelen

GENERATOR: 15,000 Watt Hydraulic

FEATURES:

Powered Ladder Bracket, Officer's Side

Electric Rewind Reel for 150' of 1" Hose in Rear Compt.

Arrow Stick Traffic Control Light

(6) 1500 Watt Flood Lights

Electric Rewind Reel for 150' of Electric Cord

9,000# Modular-mount Winch

Black Vinyl Hose Bed Tarp
Well, at least as the fotog you get to see a lot of action.   My best friend who is now a retired journalism/telecomm professor used to shoot footage with an old-fashioned 16mm camera for one of the TV stations in Lubbock when we were both at Texas Tech.  

One of his favorite stories is in telling about the time he rode with me in the ambulance to the local race track one Saturday night.  My small service provided standby ambulance to 90% of the sporting events around Lubbock for many years.  On that night my first out ambulance was in the shop,so I borrowed my friend Henry Jackson's big 1961 full-sized Pontiac ambulance.   Henry was a cop at Tech and had his own ambulance service on the side; and when he was free he came out with us.  And I enjoyed driving that big ambulance of his. Ours was the smaller Pontiac Consort.  Anyway, we ended up with a run to the ER and my friend Tom rode up front with his big camera and sun gun.

Just as we started getting into traffic I let loose on the big Q siren and all of the lights on top suddenly quit.   So Tom just simply stuck the big sun gun light out the window and turned it on. That big bright light really pulled the traffic over, and eventually the overheads came back on.

We spent the day Sunday at Henry's house trouble-shooting the wiring on  Henry's big Pontiac.  Turned out that someone had taken all the wiring from the switch panel and had twisted it all together and shoved it up to a hot spot on the fuse box.  Disaster looking for a place to happen. We spent the rest of the day in rewiring all of it.

Have fun with the camera and then come ride the ambulance!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmood

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.