Hello, Its Twon96 with PSEBIDS.com

twon96

Apr 21, 2013
ny
Hello ELB members! I am pleased to announce my new website, psebids.com.

It will be a penny auction style site geared toward public safety equipment.

Due to the nature of these types of sites I want to be upfront and prove that I am not a fraudulent site.

I’m 17 year old volunteer firefighter and EMS member. I wanted to create this site to allow people to get quality goods at a savings.

There is no hiding the fact that I would like to earn money doing this so that I can put myself through college and better my future. I have been working full time during the summer since age 14 and on weekends throughout the school year while volunteering my time to emergency services. I’ve saved enough money to create this business to help supplement my income. I would like to free my family of an additional financial responsibility when I head to college next year.

Many people will still be skeptical of this type of site and of me due to my age, but I am dedicated to showing you that this will be a worthwhile, legitimate business built on integrity.

There are a few things that I would like to do to encourage a relationship with my customers and to promote my business.

For the first 50 people to register and purchase a $20 bid pack I will send a custom psebids t-shirt. This t-shirt is still in the makings but will be ready to ship within a few weeks. I will post a picture when it is ready.

It would be appreciated if you take a photo wearing the shirt or holding it up by your vehicle and post it on this forum.

Another way in which I would like to draw attention is to auction off a $2000.00 light bar of the winners choice in the following way:

If 3000 bids are sold by November 1, 2013, the auction will be held for the light bar mentioned above. If the 3000 bid minimum is not reached, don’t be discouraged. Starting in a week there will be a few other things which will be auctioned separately. These items will be a sound of signal, 12 diode Nforce light, a pair of Feniex Apollo F6, a pair of sound off signal LED 3, a pair of Feniex Canons and a sound off signal headlight flasher and much more

Because I want to make certain that everyone can get the colors they would like, I will not be stocking items. When a person wins, they contact me with the color request and I will order from the manufacturer. It will be delivered directly from them to your address.

As you all know, lights can sometimes take a while to ship from the manufacturers depending on options. Please understand that certain items may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.

Shipping as of now will be free, however, items such as full size light bars will have a $20.00 shipping fee.

I would appreciate the winners posting “unboxing” videos and posting them on the internet. If the link is sent to me, I will offer a to be determined number of free bids.

So check it out and find us on facebook! If you have any questions feel free to ask.

CPDG23

Oct 17, 2011
Ohio
I would normally scoff at such a post but if your legit I wish you the best in your venture and I hope you become successful. You seem pretty honest and up front about everything.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

PS- Include a hotlink in your post, it will draw more attention if they have one click and boom, right to your webpage. ;)

twon96

Apr 21, 2013
ny
CPDG23 said:
I would normally scoff at such a post but if your legit I wish you the best in your venture and I hope you become successful. You seem pretty honest and up front about everything.

PS- Include a hotlink in your post, it will draw more attention if they have one click and boom, right to your webpage. ;)

Thank you very much.

PSE Bids

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Welcome to ELB from Tompkins Co. and good luck on your business. I agree a hot link would be great.

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
twon96 said:
Thank you both!
I tried adding a link in my reply to CPDG23 But it said it needs to be reviewed by a moderator so later I guess.

It is a measure that prevents new users from coming here and spamming our boards. Your attempt to paste a link caused your post to require staff approval.

Good luck with your venture :)

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
CPDG23 said:

I agree with the skepticism at first, but you came in here with a positive attitude, are right up front about everything.

JUST BE FOREWARNED

http://elightbars.org/forums/f13/chinese-warning-products-42463/

People who sell China junk usually get berated. There ARE members here who sell China made products, but its the MEMBER/business that stands behind their product.

View Profile: Tom - eLightbars.org has made a pretty good name for himself, as it is HIS word and business ethic, and customer service that makes the deal good, no matter what the product is.

Welcome, and good luck!

P.S. Where are you located in NY?

Last edited by a moderator:

twon96

Apr 21, 2013
ny
Zapp Brannigan said:
I agree with the skepticism at first, but you came in here with a positive attitude, are right up front about everything.

JUST BE FOREWARNED

http://elightbars.org/forums/f13/chinese-warning-products-42463/

People who sell China junk usually get berated. There ARE members here who sell China made products, but its the MEMBER/business that stands behind their product.

View Profile: Tom - eLightbars.org has made a pretty good name for himself, as it is HIS word and business ethic, and customer service that makes the deal good, no matter what the product is.

Welcome, and good luck!

P.S. Where are you located in NY?

I agree 100% with you and that's my plan and reasoning for how I approached this thread. I have heard of Tom and his great business, it really makes the difference and I encourage everyone to ask question so that I can be successful as well.

Also I'm in the Hudson valley area.

twon96

Apr 21, 2013
ny
MtnMan said:
Nothing to do with your age, but a lot of people regard pay-per-bid sites as a scam. What's different about yours?

Penny Auctions: Unless You Win, You?re Probably Wasting Time and Money

I understand what you are getting at and I did make reference to the fact that many of these sites are fraudulent, but I will ensure you that there will be very good communication on my part. Also many of those companies bbb refers to are huge corporations that can get away with it. I would like to find a way for maybe a member to be able to go into my system to check randomly that there are no bots (automated fake bidders) being used and that it is a fair person to person auction. Having said that there is risk involved. The key differences that makes it not gambling is that there are strategies that can be used to win auctions or significantly better them. A person could go on and spend $1000 dollars and win nothing because they don't bid smart, while a person who spends $10 could plan it a little better and win $1000 item.

If you or anyone has an idea to help me get rid of the skepticism it would be appreciated. I want to be successful but I also want to make sure everyone has a fair chance at winning. Maybe I could set up a auction for elb only and have all parties listed in a post to show that there is no computer bidding against you.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
I'd suggest creating an online auction site. Kinda like ebay but take less of a cut from the completed sales. Maybe charge a bit to list items as well, however I strongly suggest you only do that once the site is popular and well established.

Won't make much $ at first but if you stick with it it could eventually start making you some good coin considering ebay does not permit those items.

twon96

Apr 21, 2013
ny
twon96 said:
Hello ELB members! I am pleased to announce my new website, psebids.com.

It will be a penny auction style site geared toward public safety equipment.

Due to the nature of these types of sites I want to be upfront and prove that I am not a fraudulent site.

I’m 17 year old volunteer firefighter and EMS member. I wanted to create this site to allow people to get quality goods at a savings.

There is no hiding the fact that I would like to earn money doing this so that I can put myself through college and better my future. I have been working full time during the summer since age 14 and on weekends throughout the school year while volunteering my time to emergency services. I’ve saved enough money to create this business to help supplement my income. I would like to free my family of an additional financial responsibility when I head to college next year.

Many people will still be skeptical of this type of site and of me due to my age, but I am dedicated to showing you that this will be a worthwhile, legitimate business built on integrity.

There are a few things that I would like to do to encourage a relationship with my customers and to promote my business.

For the first 50 people to register and purchase a $20 bid pack I will send a custom psebids t-shirt. This t-shirt is still in the makings but will be ready to ship within a few weeks. I will post a picture when it is ready.

It would be appreciated if you take a photo wearing the shirt or holding it up by your vehicle and post it on this forum.

Another way in which I would like to draw attention is to auction off a $2000.00 light bar of the winners choice in the following way:

If 3000 bids are sold by November 1, 2013, the auction will be held for the light bar mentioned above. If the 3000 bid minimum is not reached, don’t be discouraged. Starting in a week there will be a few other things which will be auctioned separately. These items will be a sound of signal, 12 diode Nforce light, a pair of Feniex Apollo F6, a pair of sound off signal LED 3, a pair of Feniex Canons and a sound off signal headlight flasher and much more

Because I want to make certain that everyone can get the colors they would like, I will not be stocking items. When a person wins, they contact me with the color request and I will order from the manufacturer. It will be delivered directly from them to your address.

As you all know, lights can sometimes take a while to ship from the manufacturers depending on options. Please understand that certain items may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.

Shipping as of now will be free, however, items such as full size light bars will have a $20.00 shipping fee.

I would appreciate the winners posting “unboxing” videos and posting them on the internet. If the link is sent to me, I will offer a to be determined number of free bids.

So check it out and find us on facebook! If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Also sign up is free and you will receive 4 free bids to try it out.

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
twon96 said:
I agree 100% with you and that's my plan and reasoning for how I approached this thread. I have heard of Tom and his great business, it really makes the difference and I encourage everyone to ask question so that I can be successful as well.

Also I'm in the Hudson valley area.

twon96 said:
I understand what you are getting at and I did make reference to the fact that many of these sites are fraudulent, but I will ensure you that there will be very good communication on my part. Also many of those companies bbb refers to are huge corporations that can get away with it. I would like to find a way for maybe a member to be able to go into my system to check randomly that there are no bots (automated fake bidders) being used and that it is a fair person to person auction. Having said that there is risk involved. The key differences that makes it not gambling is that there are strategies that can be used to win auctions or significantly better them. A person could go on and spend $1000 dollars and win nothing because they don't bid smart, while a person who spends $10 could plan it a little better and win $1000 item.

If you or anyone has an idea to help me get rid of the skepticism it would be appreciated. I want to be successful but I also want to make sure everyone has a fair chance at winning. Maybe I could set up a auction for elb only and have all parties listed in a post to show that there is no computer bidding against you.

Please see these two posts, they were approved this afternoon.

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
twon96 said:
If you or anyone has an idea to help me get rid of the skepticism it would be appreciated.

OK, for starters, there are a few basic things that any ecommerce site should address. The first thing I look for is a physical contact address and real phone number, not just a contact form. Are you an authorized dealer for the products you're selling?

Can you clarify this: "If a product offered by Psebids.com is not as described, your sole remedy is to return it in an unused condition under the terms for damaged and defective items under our general return policy." So if you sell me a product that not as described, I'm supposed to return it at my cost and try to get a refund from the manufacturer?

Next, I noticed on the Terms page, "This site is NOT designed to be used with Internet Explorer, or Apple Safari. This site is also not designed to be used over Wifi or a Cellular Network. We strongly recommend that you use either Mozilla Firefox, or Goggle Chrome." Seriously? This isn't 1998. People will use whatever browser/device they like. My whole network is Wifi. If the site is buggy on popular platforms, you're gonna have problems, no matter how many disclaimers.

Finally, and this is the big one: the purpose of this site is for you to make a lot more money selling an item than it's worth. You're upfront about that fact, which is good. As an additional show of good faith, would you consider placing a profit cap on each item, and donating the excess to a legitimate charitable organization? Even if it were only for a limited period of time, it gives some assurance that this isn't strictly a quick profit scheme.

twon96

Apr 21, 2013
ny
MtnMan said:
OK, for starters, there are a few basic things that any ecommerce site should address. The first thing I look for is a physical contact address and real phone number, not just a contact form. Are you an authorized dealer for the products you're selling?

Can you clarify this: "If a product offered by Psebids.com is not as described, your sole remedy is to return it in an unused condition under the terms for damaged and defective items under our general return policy." So if you sell me a product that not as described, I'm supposed to return it at my cost and try to get a refund from the manufacturer?

Next, I noticed on the Terms page, "This site is NOT designed to be used with Internet Explorer, or Apple Safari. This site is also not designed to be used over Wifi or a Cellular Network. We strongly recommend that you use either Mozilla Firefox, or Goggle Chrome." Seriously? This isn't 1998. People will use whatever browser/device they like. My whole network is Wifi. If the site is buggy on popular platforms, you're gonna have problems, no matter how many disclaimers.

Finally, and this is the big one: the purpose of this site is for you to make a lot more money selling an item than it's worth. You're upfront about that fact, which is good. As an additional show of good faith, would you consider placing a profit cap on each item, and donating the excess to a legitimate charitable organization? Even if it were only for a limited period of time, it gives some assurance that this isn't strictly a quick profit scheme.

The problem with a phone number and address is that I am a student still and I can't have my phone ringing throughout the day in school. As for the address I do not have a store front and I would like to keep my home address off the internet.

I am a dealer for Feniex and Soundoff. All other products are purchased at retail value

The return policy, was given to me as part of the site setup and I have been changing things that don't work for me. I do agree and think that is wrong and I will fix it. It also says that you can contact me and I can work something out. Like I said I want to run a clean business and make you the customers happy.

It isn't the site, it's how the servers work. The wifi deal needs to get changed. I agree we are past the old days, everyone has wifi. That section is there because those programs run much smoother with the software. It's a suggestion. You can use internet explorer and Safari as well as wifi but if you want to limit things that could go wrong on your end a direct connection is best with Mozilla or google chrome. Also I do not recommend the use of smart phones because of the server delay. I'm not he tech guy, I have a person who does this end of the stuff. If you want a more detailed explanation I would be more then happy to get it from him and share how everything works.

YES, I think thats a great idea! Right now I still need to have the profit cap a little bit high because of the expenses. In the next week there is $600 worth of stuff being auctioned plus my site cost to keep it running. Keep in mind I don't have the costumer base yet either so I'm looking at losing a good chunk of money this week. Having said that I need to gain your trust and the only way to do that is to ship as many items as I can.

What percentage of the profits do you think I should donate keeping in mind what I said above?

To add if some numbers don't increase on the site would anyone object to me moving a few auctions back a couple of days?

Please continue to ask questions. I'm young and still learning certain things but I have a good mentor and everyone here who which helping me a lot. I really want whats best for everyone and I am determined to prove it.

twon96

Apr 21, 2013
ny
unlisted said:
... no retort on any of my suggestions? I guess you are in it for the quick money.
Sorry I forgot, its hard with the approving stuff to keep track. And absolutely not! I like the idea but like you said I have to gain

a following and establish myself before doing something like that. I would be able to do that fairly easily as well so defiantly a possibility in the future. Sorry if I offended you with the late response.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
I started my business pretty young as well. It's nice to see other young entrepreneurs out there! The site looks great, and appears to be very well thought out and executed.

twon96

Apr 21, 2013
ny
Tom said:
I started my business pretty young as well. It's nice to see other young entrepreneurs out there! The site looks great, and appears to be very well thought out and executed.

Thank you very much! I have heard a lot about you and your great business. I'm trying hard. I still have a lot to learn but I think I'm on the right track.

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
There is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON why you have to donate any of the money you make. I hope the site does well and you make a KILLING sir!! Whatever you do though....send the product. Be prompt. You will get crucified if you screw up.. ;)

twon96

Apr 21, 2013
ny
emtanderson51 said:
There is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON why you have to donate any of the money you make. I hope the site does well and you make a KILLING sir!! Whatever you do though....send the product. Be prompt. You will get crucified if you screw up.. ;)

I agree, however I think It would be nice at some point to donate some profits to a charity. Yes, I have been keeping up on this. I have been emailing the winners right away and updating them as well as placing the order as soon as a payment is received and possible options are selected (light color,model). Most of the little things like the flashers are shipped right away, but sometimes the lights may take a little longer depending on the manufacture as I have stated before and on my site. I keep them updated either way about what is happening with their winnings. The first winner is extremely happy so far as is the winner last night and I will keep this up. Both said they would do unboxing videos for me. That should clear some of the skepticism up. Thank you-Anthony

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
Hate it when I want to get in on an auction, forget about it go cook something in kitchen, come back and the auction is over!! I wanted those Cannons damnit!!!!!!!!!!

twon96

Apr 21, 2013
ny
Zapp Brannigan said:
Hate it when I want to get in on an auction, forget about it go cook something in kitchen, come back and the auction is over!! I wanted those Cannons damnit!!!!!!!!!!

I want you in the auction too! But don't worry there is more to come. I'll make sure I get another pair of cannons in soon. I love my cannons. Crazy bright. The more bids people buy the more goodies go up!

Zach C.

May 22, 2010
Southeast, USA
Zapp Brannigan said:

Sorry about that lol. I'll have a unboxing and review of the site up as soon I get the lights in.

Zach

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
Zach C. said:
Sorry about that lol. I'll have a unboxing and review of the site up as soon I get the lights in.

Zach

Yeaaaaaa, doesn't really help...

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killgolden

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.