Helmet Cam Video of Victim Rescue

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
SnuffJ25 said:
Great job by the crews, but out of respect to the victim and his family, probably not appropriate to publish.... Just my 2 cents.

Face was blurred out. I think it is a borderline call, BUT, as I said, face was blurred out, and really nothing that was readily identifiable for a victim.

I have mixed opinions about showing victims, but I think this is a GREAT video to share the positive side, the bread and butter structural firefighting operations.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
Videos like this give people a better appreciation for the men and women who put their own lives at risk just to save others. God bless the firefighters, victim, and his family.

Doug

May 23, 2010
Maryland
Zapp Brannigan said:
Face was blurred out. I think it is a borderline call, BUT, as I said, face was blurred out, and really nothing that was readily identifiable for a victim.

I have mixed opinions about showing victims, but I think this is a GREAT video to share the positive side, the bread and butter structural firefighting operations.

My only argument with it isn't that it shows a patient, but that it shows something that the public can't see - the inside of the house. I believe there have been issues with this sort of thing in the past (such as COPS filming inside a private area where there was a legal reasonable expectation of privacy; I think one lawsuit likened it to a search, unlawful under the 4th Amendment.)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeaustin924

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.