Help identify this switch

Fenn

May 28, 2010
Ocean County, NJ
I noticed this key switch inside of one of our expeditions today. Small black box with the key and a green and looks like yellow led on it. We don't use it but I'd like to see if anyone has seen this before and if they know what it's for.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424213249.691646.jpg

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Looks like an override switch.

If you don't have a key go to the local locksmith and see about getting one.

And then see what it does when you change position.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Trace the wires?

Reactions: Jarred J.
May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
It looks like a general keyed switch...  Most likely a cut off...  I'd assume its an airbag cutoff, but all new vehicles have a sensor in the passenger's seat for the activation/deactivation of the passenger's side airbag...  

Tracing the wires would be your best bet...  I'd be wary of getting a key made for it and plating with it not knowing what it does...  

Fenn

May 28, 2010
Ocean County, NJ
Gonna trace em in the upcoming days. It was a admin truck first but it definitely looks up fitter added. I was curious if it was something from ford. Maybe airbags

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
looks homemade. Id trace the wires just to be safe, could be gun lock, or radio cutoff, or another "admin only" function

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
looks homemade. Id trace the wires just to be safe, could be gun lock, or radio cutoff, or another "admin only" function
My bet is gun lock or airbag cutoff. 

Looks like something JDI would install....maybe its a safety lock for their thermonuclear line.............. :lol:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.