HHS 2200 Siren Question

NOLA26

Feb 9, 2024
New Orleans
I got a new unit and installed a HHS 2200 siren we had laying around. I have it working to control all my lights and siren. I am trying to get the horn ring wired up. Is there a reason to not use the build in 15 amp relay to wire in the horn ring vs. the outlet 9 option? Seems the built in relay is a much simpler option.

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
The built in relay is a 10 amp max. I believe the only reason for not using the built in relay would be if you are grabbing horn ring near the horn, and in some instances the horns draw more than 10 amps. In that case you would need a higher amperage relay. Personally, I only grab horn ring on the ground trigger side, so I always use the built in relay.

NOLA26

Feb 9, 2024
New Orleans
I made some progress today. The horn ring is spliced at the horn itself. I have the relay wired using Output 9 option. When I press the horn the actual horn sounds. If I turn on the hands free button, the siren activates with a horn press. I have the siren set to sound the airhorn if the horn is pressed and the HF button is off, however that is not happening, regular horn sounds.

What I did find odd, is whoever wired this up previously, has output 3 (orange wire) going to the same relay terminal as the 5-4 (wht/blk) wire from the controller. I can't find in the manual why this is needed or the purpose of it.

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
What I did find odd, is whoever wired this up previously, has output 3 (orange wire) going to the same relay terminal as the 5-4 (wht/blk) wire from the controller. I can't find in the manual why this is needed or the purpose of it.
There is no need for that, they may have had something programmed for that output to act the same as pressing the horn. But that can all be accomplished in programming if you know what you are doing. There is no need to tie an output to an input.

Last edited:

NOLA26

Feb 9, 2024
New Orleans
I thought so. So I was playing around with it just now. I can get the H/F function to work but not the airhorn on the horn ring. If I apply 12v to the 6-4 wire, the airhorn sounds, but I can't figure out how to wire the relay to do the airhorn on the horn when the H/F button is not pressed.

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
You need to turn on the horn ring relay output. The hands free probably turns on the horn ring relay. You need to have something turn on the horn relay when the HF is not on.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.