Info Sign Led- 911 Services

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Sorry to be the skeptic, but (although it's a good idea in theory) I'm not a fan of it:

A) IMHO, more often than not, most ppl on the road aren't paying enough attention while on the road to drive appropriately when there's an emergency vehicle, let alone read a sign on it (esp on a moving emergency vehicle)

B) It's 5 mm LEDs, bulky, & probably comes with a big price tag. Personally, I would prefer something like a rear inner edge, pinnacle, spectralux that will leave a large footprint, because some ppl don't yield for a fire truck any more than they would a wrecker with amber lights. Also, like anything with moving parts, I gotta play devil's advocate and assume that (under Murphy's law) it'll malfunction/won't raise/lower at a key time

C) if I decided to put a message in my rear window while driving code 3, the only useful one I'd think about using is either "BACK THE F@#K UP!" or "STOP RIDING MY A$$!" I'm not saying it would do much, since people ignore the "keep back 200 feet," but oh well

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmood

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.