Junk Shop Find!

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
So I was in Brooklyn today going through some overpriced hipster junk shops. Right when I was losing all hope of finding anything worthwhile, I saw this little sucker on top of a stack of plates in a china cabinet. For $35, even I couldn't pass up that deal! (I *am* cheap, Tony!)

Anyway, this is what I got. It's a single speed but I'm not sure if it's fast or slow because I don't have a car to test it with. Not quite NOS, as someone clipped the factory plug and added their own plug with a switch from Radio Shack. The crimp job is very well-done, though. The dome is a 9/10, especially since I cleaned off the price sticker goo, and it's NOS on the inside. It even came with half a black dome! I don't see these in amber very often either, I love it. 

ai187.photobucket.com_albums_x301_used18_IMG_2578_zpsvqofrcx1.jpg

ai187.photobucket.com_albums_x301_used18_IMG_2576_zpsmef8dnea.jpgai187.photobucket.com_albums_x301_used18_IMG_2579_zpsxexajgmp.jpg

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
Thanks guys! This is the first and only time I've been lucky enough to find something reasonably priced in a junk shop. Everything else I've found has been in terrible condition for far more than it's worth. Like a waterlogged Grote beacon from the 80's with no dome and no motor for like $60 way back when. This is refreshing. Makes me think I should do more hunting more often!

Reactions: stansdds

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.