Just struck a deal on probably the rarest twinsonic made. Stay tuned!

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
Friend of mine called me and said he had a twinsonic for sale. Knowing I have a few sitting around I was like oh what the heck. I told him to send me some pics. He didnt dissapoint! I go today to mail him the money order and by this time next week, I will have the rareest twinsonic made. I already have a Honolulu 12F and this is even rarer then that.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Oh, the strobe version...

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
We have to wait a whole week??????????????  The suspense is killing me!

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
I want to get it in and clean it up a little before I show her to the world. Best of all it started it's service life her in ohio.

You don't show up to your first date sweaty and dirty from work to impress a girl do you? I ain't bringing this lady to meet my gang if friends looking like a gorilla. I'm gonna make her the prettiest gal on the block for you to drool over!

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I want to get it in and clean it up a little before I show her to the world. Best of all it started it's service life her in ohio.

You don't show up to your first date sweaty and dirty from work to impress a girl do you? I ain't bringing this lady to meet my gang if friends looking like a gorilla. I'm gonna make her the prettiest gal on the block for you to drool over!
Why didn't you say it was from Ohio.  Now I know it's the magnet mount/dash version... duh.

Ultimate D

Feb 25, 2011
Central Arkansas
Maybe the one from Oregon?

"In Multnomah County Oregon the Sheriff liked the CTS bar so much he ordered them for his cruisers. He had one change done to the bar to set them apart. He ordered them in all blue. Federal Signal sent them a prototype to review. The decision was made to have the front steady light in red eliminated and so they eliminated the front panel cutout from the order and the amber rear flasher remained."

http://twinsonic.m.webs.com/site/mobile?dm_path=%2Fapps%2Fwebstore%2Fproducts%2Fshow%2F2075880&fw_sig_session_key=14c1aa24c24365a6defa61f208e070579fba9e21aac6b16d6ba162634cc8262d-35104576&fw_sig_locale=en-US&fw_sig_access_token=e97dcfa27783f02640cf1b6157e1e1952dd9c788&fw_sig_api_key=522b0eedffc137c934fc7268582d53a1&fw_sig_site=35104576&fw_sig_social=1&fw_sig_permission_level=0&fw_sig=a0af8a09fef6571b811bc209da35b165&fw_sig_time=1433214093691&fw_sig_is_admin=0&fw_sig_permissions=none&fw_sig_tier=1&fw_sig_premium=1&fw_sig_partner=webs&fw_sig_url=http://www.freewebs.com/twinsonic/&fb_sig_network=fw#2320

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
Tonight tonight it's coming tonight! Hot diggity it's coming tonight!!

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
Well her she is. This model is the 12E. There was only about 400 of these models produced. From 1967-1984 there were over 70,000 units produced. These light bars shipped all over the world. Most would think the small Cts version was the most rare. But since I've owned 3 of these I wouldn't say they are that rare. I have never seen this model for sale before. When I found out about it I had to have it.

When it arrived it was in better shape then I thought. Super clean with only a wipe down needed. Everything is in mint shape. I varified it's authenticity by checking the passenger side holes where a mounting plate could have been removed. No threads ever cut into them. Name plates are mint, even the drivers side mounting plate shows nothing has ever been mounted in them as they are still closed up with paint.

I know it isn't what some of your guesses are. But to me this one is very rare in the economy series.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
It does look very nice and clean! I can't believe the price difference with/without mirrors would have been that great, though. I'm happy your bar seems to be just as delivered with no disfiguring done inside or out over all those years. :)

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
When my friend called me about it he didn't know his son listed it in evil bay. I didn't see it in there till after I struck up the deal. A quick phone call got it off there ASAP.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.