Just struck a deal on probably the rarest twinsonic made. Stay tuned!

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Are you sure the E means Economy? Sure looks like the E means Empty! :D

Cool bar, rare stuff is the best!

Shawn L

May 21, 2010
Corbett, Oregon
man talk about a disappointment ..... that's like saying you bought a fully restored hot Ford, and then showing us a picture of a shitty old pinto...lol

like the fact that its damn near NOS but talk about basic....

Reactions: tsquale

Jul 14, 2014
North Central US
Hell, I had one of those in amber on a wrecker I drove in high school. I thought someone had swiped the mirrors at the wrecker dealer so I added the X-mirrors when I started driving it. Nonetheless, back then it was set-up where the two sides alternated like a Model 11. I changed it to sync simultaneously, the way it's supposed to when I added the mirrors. Whooda thunk it... I guess one man's trash... as they say... on the other hand, it's neat to have an original untouched unit of anything, though. Memories... 

Last edited by a moderator:

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
A Twin with no mirrors.  Does it have a speaker?  I thought I could see something behind the grille.

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
I know it isn't everyone's cup of tea. But when your only mindset is the Twinsonic and you find a rarity like this its boner tyme! And yes it's a clean lightly used twin.

Ultimate D

Feb 25, 2011
Central Arkansas
Ryan, I've recently thought about focusing a lot on building a Twinsonic collection. Currently I only have a 12x but it's a start!

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
Nope no speaker. Makes me wonder why they would have made this an option.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
So it's a 12E.  

Not many made, probably that way for a reason.  Federal's attempt at a low-cost TwinSonic was met with a mild response.  It is rare, but not really exciting, but it is a piece of TwinSonic history.  It looks to be in great condition, nice catch, Ryan!

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Nice light Ryan..

but I totally agree with stansdds

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
I'm thinking that it was marketed towards towing services that wanted a full bar at less price. Or the best salesman in the land that could up sell a Visibar customer to this.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Agreed, this thing is bare bones in every concept. Imagine a Visibar with square domes.
At least a visabar the flashes bounce off the speaker.  This was plain pointless.  Which is why, as a collector of ineffective and weird lights myself, I approve.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Interesting and puzzling at the same time:  trying to figure out from a marketing perspective what advantage it offered over a Twin Beacon Ray(?).
Good question.  I suspect that some potential buyers wanted a modern lightbar or wanted the easier maintenance that the TwinSonic afforded over the Twin Beacon Ray, but either did not need mirrors and/or flashers or did not have the funds for a fully loaded bar, hence the 12E TwinSonics.  The Economy versions had plastic speaker trays, no polished stainless steel trim strips on the front or back sides of the base and usually had stamped aluminum speaker housings.  Extra cost options were PAR-36 front and rear flashers (12EF), and the 12EV which had "V" mirrors next to the rotators.  The 12EV could also be specified to include the PAR-36 flashers.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmood

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.